• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    A very good, and highly recommended read is "The Courage to be Free", written by Charlton Heston. In it, he recounts how some of his "Hollywood friends" contacted him back during the infamous "Rodney King riots", frantically asking how they might obtain weapons quickly so they could defend themselves. Heston told them, sadly, due to the waiting periods they themselves had fought for, they could not quickly obtain the means of self-defense they wished. These people are deluded, not even cognizant of reality.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It just figures that liberals would choose such a person to champion.
    Someone who, "lies, cheats, and had emotionless sex..." all as a means to an end.

Scruples and morals don't bother these people, they have none.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yeah...looks like The West Wing brought to the big screen, this time with a focus on those big, bad guns.
    I'll pass on this one and see Hacksaw Ridge instead.

ars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    Zionsville
    Ignorance is the father of irrational fear. Irrational fears cause people to believe irrational things. Irrational beliefs lead to irrational actions. These irrational actions include the unreasonable arguments folks perpetuate.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone remember this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_(film)
    Dave-movie-poster.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This movie has been advertised on Fox for weeks now. Eye candy, for sure. Either I have missed it, or the add copy changed in the past couple days. First time I noted the "gun control" phrase was today.

The Blatant Gun Control Agenda of ‘Miss Sloane’

I have seen the trailer and thought it looked good. I also didn't pick up on the plot. I was thinking; Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty. So this could be good. Guess I'll pass on this one.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Only Hollywood can think a "liar and a cheat" can make a "compelling" argument for gun control.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...way-america-s-guns-miss-sloane-gives-it-a-try
    Hollywood Libtards can shove it. Why don't they all leave the USA and move to say France and enjoy their terrorist attacks with no way to defend themselves while they cower in the corner and ask the terrorists not to kill them. How's that relatively "gun free" zone working for ya?

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    The only trailer I have seen for this film left no ambiguity as to what it was about. I predict this film will crash and burn once the true subject matter gets out.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I picked it up quite early, because I sat up and took notice when I saw J.C., the theme was veiled but you could see through it. The more recent commercials are much more blatant.

I was really looking forward to another great performance for about 15 seconds.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    This movie was obviously produced by the Hollywood left as a companion piece to that assured Hillary Clinton victory.

That didn't happen. Movie is left stranded without a real life counterpart to give it legs. Still, I'm sure they will fix it so the film garners several Oscars........

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Like most of us on here, I too vote with my wallet. I will not be seeing this one, I don't want my dollars supporting an anti-gun agenda.
    This for me will be right there with the NFL this year, players that want to take a knee, I don't want to watch or support that. NFL ratings are at an all time low this year thanks to a Quarterback that wants to take a knee during The National Anthem.

Top Bottom