• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Sorry if this is a dupe, but I could not find a thread relating this...

While shooting at atterbury on Sunday I was talking to one of the people behind the counter who stated they received a letter stating that under Trump presidency there will be few NFA regulations and they will do away with the $200 tax stamp. Has anyone heard anything about this? I did a quick internet searrch and could not find anything related, but with the INGO wealth of knowledge someone has to know whether this is just a load of crap or if this is a real thing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

While shooting at atterbury on Sunday I was talking to one of the people behind the counter who stated they received a letter stating that under Trump presidency there will be few NFA regulations and they will do away with the $200 tax stamp. Has anyone heard anything about this? I did a quick internet searrch and could not find anything related, but with the INGO wealth of knowledge someone has to know whether this is just a load of crap or if this is a real thing.

That would be good news. But if I were you, I'd have asked to see the letter so one could ascertain things like who it was from, on what basis they believe that stuff will happen, etc.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

m4, google up "Hearing Protection Act of 2015" to see what all the fuss is about.

1. It is an amendment to NFA codifying my proposal for 25+ years ago moving suppressors to Title I with federal preemption.

2. It will do away with the $200 tax stamp for suppressors as they shall be Title I.

m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    m4, google up "Hearing Protection Act of 2015" to see what all the fuss is about.

1. It is an amendment to NFA codifying my proposal for 25+ years ago moving suppressors to Title I with federal preemption.

2. It will do away with the $200 tax stamp for suppressors as they shall be Title I.

Maybe it is that, but the conversation included SBR not suppressor. I had stated that I sent in forms back in September. She replied saying they received a letter and said I should have waited til they were free.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Receiving a letter is meaningless. I could send you a letter stating the same thing and you could go around telling people you'd received a letter that the NFA was going away.

Even easier, you could send yourself the letter and do the same thing.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I heard about this at a gun shop. The guy behind the counter said one should wait to order a suppressor because it will soon be like buying a firearm, with no $200 tax and that anyone who paid the tax in the 6 mos. before the bill became law would be reimbursed it. As slowly as the government works, even it it had overwhelming support (not likely) I think that this is all pie in the sky for now.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    They can keep the money I have sent them. It is already spent. Would be nice to remove it all, but I am not going to wait for the chance.

I have two more cans waiting for permission slips. If they were removed from the registry I would be able to build them sooner... and add a few more to the pile.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'd settle for doing away with the hughs amendment. The government could go back to generating revenue from domestic manufacture and transfers of machine guns.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Receiving a letter is meaningless. I could send you a letter stating the same thing and you could go around telling people you'd received a letter that the NFA was going away.

Even easier, you could send yourself the letter and do the same thing.

Denny --- Is that you?

Top Bottom