• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    :rockwoot:Just read last week that NICS has had record requests for the past consecutive 18 m0nths.
    If the liberals think the U.S. is awash in guns, maybe they should stop screaming about gun control.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is interesting. I'd had read earlier, maybe right after the election, that "they" thought gun sales might fall out if Hillary won the election. I suppose that it's still possible going forward but it's good to see us still breaking records after the election. :D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Gun stocks plummeted after Trump's victory as investors realized that customers would no longer rush to buy out of fear that Clinton would make ownership harder. Since November 9, the day after the election, Sturm Ruger is down 18%, while rival Smith & Wesson is down 17%

Then you better be buying, Skippy, because this is a complete cultural shift.

ars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    Zionsville
    I truly hope we can get back to a positive gun culture. The enjoyment of shooting sports as a youth are some of my favorite memories. If we can shift back enough, we can start school shooting events and teaching basic marksmanship in public schools one again. I know it is a pipe dream with liberals having a choke hold on our education system but It would be amazing.

ars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    Zionsville
    I agree with the big media comment. With this being said, our country is divided in so many ways, the firearms culture is another example. Hopefully, we can relegate the gun anti's to the Coast and liberal cities. The rest of us I hope will enjoy a resurgence of positive gun culture.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I truly hope we can get back to a positive gun culture. The enjoyment of shooting sports as a youth are some of my favorite memories. If we can shift back enough, we can start school shooting events and teaching basic marksmanship in public schools one again. I know it is a pipe dream with liberals having a choke hold on our education system but It would be amazing.

Wouldn`t that be great? To have a culture in which hunting, and all things guns were viewed, as they should be, in a positive light? Sadly, the thug subculture, alongside the liberal agenda have allowed for the misuse of firearms to explode, casting a dark shadow over gun ownership, and law-abiding gun owners.

There are many we can reach in a positive way, and they will support us, if we approach them in the right way. I believe most Americans are not anti-gun, but they`re uneducated, and only know what the biased media feeds them. It`s up to us to present a positive and favorable image.

dougsimon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Bedford
    The best way (I think) to change the way guns are viewed is for every responsible gun owner to take a gun newb to the range and give them a positive gun experience. Teach them the 4 gun life safety rules. Answer their questions and don't push them out of their comfort zone. Worst case you take someone who knows nothing about guns and give them some hands on experience so they can be somewhat educated when they hear the crap the MSM spews.

Top Bottom