• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    This coming weekend December 3rd and 4th--the best show in central Indiana.

Dealer setup times are Friday 12-8 Saturday 7-8:30

Show hours Saturday 9 AM-----5 PM Sunday 9 AM -----3 PM

Plenty of parking (free)

Great food and drinks available at reasonable prices-- (I love the breakfast "skillet")

see ya'll there
    tallend

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    This coming weekend December 3rd and 4th--the best show in central Indiana.

Dealer setup times are Friday 12-8 Saturday 7-8:30

Show hours Saturday 9 AM-----5 PM Sunday 9 AM -----3 PM

Plenty of parking (free)

Great food and drinks available at reasonable prices-- (I love the breakfast "skillet")

see ya'll there
    tallend

I normally attend the Tipton shows, BUT I get the mailer advertising the shows often. My "cards" do not show ANY shows in December. I do have a mailer showing the Lafayette show the same weekend as you are indicating the Tipton show will run??? Guess I will attend the Lafayette show this weekend!

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Larry C
    Check your card from Tipton---------------- ALL dates are listed on every card he sends

Come to Tipton, check the prices then buy a flashlite got to the other shows hunt for their prices--then come back to Tipton, have some great food and drink---then go spend spend-spend
    --

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    ATTN. Larry C --looking at MR. Pat Comers list of dates--(This show is run by Pat Comer----he has 4 shows a year,--not one every week) (card postmarked 11-25)last show date listed on the card is for December 3rd, and 4th

This show is well maintained---well lighted----good food-----3 old grouches, but most of the dealer are good and easy to talk to

P.S It seems that all the shows are 2/3 days---get some extra cash and attend them all--be sure and hit Tipton first----- you wont find better prices--and you just might come back after seeing the other places------be sure and take your flashlight to one or two of them-------just my opinion
    I will be in the N
    orth room

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    ATTN. Larry C --looking at MR. Pat Comers list of dates--(This show is run by Pat Comer----he has 4 shows a year,--not one every week) (card postmarked 11-25)last show date listed on the card is for December 3rd, and 4th

This show is well maintained---well lighted----good food-----3 old grouches, but most of the dealer are good and easy to talk to

P.S It seems that all the shows are 2/3 days---get some extra cash and attend them all--be sure and hit Tipton first----- you wont find better prices--and you just might come back after seeing the other places------be sure and take your flashlight to one or two of them-------just my opinion
    I will be in the N
    orth room

YOU ARE RIGHT, I was in error. I have attended every show at Tipton this year, do really like the show. I misread the cards, thought the lower dates were for 2017 (the cards I receive from the "other" vendor that holds the Lafayette, Kokomo and other shows lists the dates differently ~ MY Apologies. Sure hate to miss a show, but Lafayette is quite a bit closer to my house, wish they would change the dates on one of the shows as this seems to happen at least once a year.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Went today and had a good time. One dealer had about four tables of retro AR parts. (edgewater buffers, triangle handguards, A1 stocks and a fairly nice SP1 carbine with the metal stock. Don't know if it's $2000 worth or not.) A member of INGO, who said he reads more than posts, made me a fair trade for an 03-A3 Smith Corona. Didn't catch his name, but thanks.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I was there with Mrs Wabbit (LEES on INGO) and our 3 children. We picked up a Heritage Rough Rider .22LR for the boy to learn about cowboy guns next year. Several of the vendors gave the kids candies. The wife was drooling over a Browning 20ga over-under and a Sig 1911 with Crimson Trace grips. I was looking at Schoffields and Colt SAA clones but too rich for me. I guess the SKS train burned up or something. There is no reason a SKS is worth $500+ unless it came from Putin's personal collection.

And I renewed my Elwood membership. I love this show.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I was there with Mrs Wabbit (LEES on INGO) and our 3 children. We picked up a Heritage Rough Rider .22LR for the boy to learn about cowboy guns next year. Several of the vendors gave the kids candies. The wife was drooling over a Browning 20ga over-under and a Sig 1911 with Crimson Trace grips. I was looking at Schoffields and Colt SAA clones but too rich for me. I guess the SKS train burned up or something. There is no reason a SKS is worth $500+ unless it came from Putin's personal collection.

And I renewed my Elwood membership. I love this show.

I'm the guy that was talking to the dealer that you bought it from! He and I both grew up in Frankton, and he bought my father's business when my dad retired. I was telling him the long sad story about why I got out of the teaching profession.

I found some factory new 7.7 Jap and .303 Brit ammo at the show.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    If you want a membership, get one before 12-31. Even if they aren't at the show, you can mail in an app. Get it from the website.

Membership will be shut off (capped) January 1.
    I just sent in my app the other day.... waiting to hear back. Been procrastinating, glad I got it in! I visited with the Joseph, the Pres, a couple of months back and took a tour.
    I moved here last year, and don't know anyone around. Hoping by joining I can get some shooting in AND meet some folks.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Yes. Or until some one doesnt renew, then they will sell 1.
    Mr prez, Joe, told me this last month.

Wowza.

Looks like I will have to get signed up asap. I was a member for several years but let it lapse. It is a steal at $65!

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I went to the Tipton Gun and Knife Show, and bought a Harley?????

Thanks to all that attended the show-----even with all the shows this weekend , Tipton was well attended-----I did well....

As usual, the food was great---coffee actually tasted like coffee

See ya'll at the next Tipton Show

tallend

Top Bottom