• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    So with President-elect Trump pushing for national reciprocity of carry permits, I researched some of the other goals the NRA will work towards during DJTs tenure. One of these is the removal of silencers/suppressors from the NFA list. Has there been an increase in interest in silencers since the election? Also on that note, does anyone here carry with a silencer. If so, recommendations please.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm sure you mean suppressors.
    Yes, my interest is piqued at the idea of no $200 tax stamp.
    If this comes to fruition, I will be in the market for a suppressor, or three.

On the other hand, if true "silencers" ever do come into existence, and they don't end up on some prohibited list, I'll be in for a few of those as well...

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I'm sure you mean suppressors.
    Yes, my interest is piqued at the idea of no $200 tax stamp.
    If this comes to fruition, I will be in the market for a suppressor, or three.

On the other hand, if true "silencers" ever do come into existence, and they don't end up on some prohibited list, I'll be in for a few of those as well...

FYI the BATFE refers to and licenses them as silencers as shown on my Form 1's and 4's. May I suggest that before you are condescending to someone, especially a new member, that you check your facts?
    Have a nice flight,
    Dan

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Has anyone read any articles outlining what the NRA is likely to push for over the next couple of years, given the GOP control of Congress and White House?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    FYI the BATFE refers to and licenses them as silencers as shown on my Form 1's and 4's. May I suggest that before you are condescending to someone, especially a new member, that you check your facts?
    Have a nice flight,
    Dan

I have never applied for, nor received any ATF forms regarding "silencers", or suppressors. I can't see paying a $200 tax stamp. I have however, read many posts here on Ingo with people chastising others for having the gall to call them "silencers", since none actually do.
    Might I suggest before you accuse someone of being condescending toward another individual, that you verify your assumptions?

My comments were not intended to be condescending, but yours most certainly are.

Have a nice day yourself.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I refuse to pay the tax on a muffler. Would buy several if that tax is removed. My hearing definitely has some loss and it would save what's left and keep neighbors happier.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    The process of obtaining a silencer/suppressor can be long especially since they have done away with eforms and as always dealing with government agencies sucks but its worth the wait and money in my opinion . Also if this hearing protection act actually passes and you purchased a silencer/suppressor after oct 2015 (i think) then you will receive your $200 tax back

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    My issue is the wait involved.

But how long have you been saying that? After so long, if you filled a form 1 or 4 it would have came back and you would have been enjoying your can.

I love suppressors and will continue to buy them with it without the tax. I'd love to see it removed but if not I'm not a stranger to the process

And this is the what? 10th thread on the subject?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have never applied for, nor received any ATF forms regarding "silencers", or suppressors. I can't see paying a $200 tax stamp. I have however, read many posts here on Ingo with people chastising others for having the gall to call them "silencers", since none actually do.
    Might I suggest before you accuse someone of being condescending toward another individual, that you verify your assumptions?

My comments were not intended to be condescending, but yours most certainly are.

Have a nice day yourself.

So.. you're chastising a newbie on a subject you admittedly have no knowledge of, simply because you've seen others do it?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I am waiting now.

Gotcha. I know a lot of people who complain about the wait. Then before you know it 3 years have passed and I've been shooting suppressed for a while, and those same people complain about the wait not realizing that if they would have just initiated the process a long time ago, they would be shooting with their can by now

For what it's worth. I have form 4s that have the item listed as a silencer and a suppressor.

Silencer, suppressor, can, muffler, I don't care what people call it as long as they don't call them dumb, a waist of money, or something only wanna be ninja assassins use

RickyG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Y'all must be a bunch of liberal commies, I'm pretty sure the technical term we're looking for here is "noise goer awayer tube"..... duh

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Gotcha. I know a lot of people who complain about the wait. Then before you know it 3 years have passed and I've been shooting suppressed for a while, and those same people complain about the wait not realizing that if they would have just initiated the process a long time ago, they would be shooting with their can by now

For what it's worth. I have form 4s that have the item listed as a silencer and a suppressor.

Silencer, suppressor, can, muffler, I don't care what people call it as long as they don't call them dumb, a waist of money, or something only wanna be ninja assassins use

Yep, all fine. But they better not call a magazine a clip! ;)

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I would like to see them allowed for hunting here in Indiana. I cannot think of a good reason they are not allowed now.

They are allowed. http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw-Rule_Changes_July_2013.pdf
    IC 14-22-6-11 is repealed.
    This means that silencers/suppressors can be used to take wild
    animals without a permit/special authorization from DNR.
    Anyone who is legally hunting wild
    animals can now use a silencer.
    Keep in mind that federal approval is needed to us
    e a silencer
    and it would be a Class B misdemeanor to hunt on private land without consent from the
    landowner or tenant and
    use or possess
    a silencer/suppressor (see changes in IC 14-22-38-4.5 in this bill).
    Dan

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'd buy one if it weren't for the $200 stamp and pain in the butt to get one. It'd be quieter when I go to the range, and everyone would be happy about that.

Only problem is.....thugs will get them and people will die in the streets with nobody knowing someone was a shooter. It would be anarchy. The wait and $200 tax solves this issue.

Top Bottom