• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    With my expected haul from Christmas Plus what I have saved, I expect to have around 900ish to spend. I already have a nice Kimber classic custom royal and a Colt M4, but want another 1911 and would also like another ar-15. The Ruger 1911 looks nice as well as several AR's. With about 900 what would you buy?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Build it, and it will shoot.
    You already have a manufactured AR15? Now build yourself an AR10.

It's easy, it's fun, and you can build a nice entry level PA10 (Palmetto State Armory) for your $900 budget.
    I just built one for around $700 I believe, but I bought the blemished lower, and blemished upper, and everything else was purchased through PSA, but every piece was bought on sale.
    I pieced it together over about 9 months or so.

Works great, loads of fun.
    Reaches out further than the .223/5.56, and for now it's deer legal.

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    I don't think we can make good recommendations unless we know what else you have. If the Kimber 19¹1 and the AR are actually your only 2 guns, consider a shotgun, a bolt action rifle, or a revolver. Embrace diversity!

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I like the idea of a class, also have always lusted after a garand. My edc is either my kimber, g-19, or shield. My other guns include shotguns, 22 pistol and rifle, a couple of sks's, a model 70 30/06, and a m94 30/30. There may be a few I have missed. I don't really need anything, more like want! I have toyed with the idea of an AR-10. Saw a dpms of-308 today at academy for 799, but I really don't know much about them. I have shot my dads mp10 and liked that a lot.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I've been wanting a plain Jane Beretta 92fs. You would be left with plenty of money for a nice holster, ammo and training. That's a win all the way around. But that's just me.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    If you're looking at 1911s here's my thoughts. I have the Ruger SR1911 and it is pretty nice, not a single problem after 2 years/1200 rounds. However, since you have $900 to spend I'd recommend looking at the Springfield Range Officer Operator ($850ish) or the Colt Competition Pistol. I shot the RO Operator (no problems from this gun either) and the Ruger today and still like the Springfield more. I'd spend the extra $150 to buy the Springfield over the Ruger. I haven't shot the Colt but held one and it looked nice. For what its worth.

Top Bottom