Safe or not safe? Check out this Range Instructor...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    [video=youtube;qkDMNwM1Ikk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkDMNwM1Ikk[/video]

I believe I would walk up to him, punch him square in the nose, and then leave...

I believe I would follow you up with a kick in his junk and leave.

That idiot is just plain dangerous.

It does go to show that just because somebody has a "RO" designation does not mean he has a lick of sense.

That idiot needs to be removed.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Holy crap! And it wasn't just the one instructor, the other guy acted like it was just another day! I can't believe the students who were on either side of wheelchair guy didn't freak the hell out! Very bad judgment on a lot of people.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    In before somebody says "big boy rules" or something to that effect.

More derp from supposed "gun instructors" and "tactical schools".

PT Barnum is smirking in his grave. Whats worse is people paying for this stuff, and walking away thinking they learned something.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    As I've said before, NO shortage of idiots.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer- Certified M&P armorer[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I agree with all of you on the RO.

I will also say that though I am in support of providing access to those with handicaps, if you can't do it safely, then you should not do it.

There is more to helping these guys enjoy their life than just having them show up and making them try to work in the same conditions as the more able bodied students.

There is no reason they could not have laid down some boards of some kind and had a RO advance him at the speed of the other shooters.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I agree with all of you on the RO.

I will also say that though I am in support of providing access to those with handicaps, if you can't do it safely, then you should not do it.

There is more to helping these guys enjoy their life than just having them show up and making them try to work in the same conditions as the more able bodied students.

There is no reason they could not have laid down some boards of some kind and had a RO advance him at the speed of the other shooters.

AGREE with this .....

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Having not done a drill like this, what instruction is usually provided to deal with situations where the line does not advance evenly? In other words, what's the standard procedure when part of the line gets ahead of the rest of the line? Seems like the RO should have immediately called a "cease fire" and straightened out the line.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Having not done a drill like this, what instruction is usually provided to deal with situations where the line does not advance evenly? In other words, what's the standard procedure when part of the line gets ahead of the rest of the line? Seems like the RO should have immediately called a "cease fire" and straightened out the line.

I've done similar drills many times. Each time, the instructors work very hard to make sure everyone is advancing or retreating together on the same line. If someone is going to fast, they will slow them; if someone is going too slowly, they will encourage that person to move a bit more quickly. If they can't keep the group on the same line as they are moving, the shut it down immediately. If someone gets too far ahead, it's STOP.

Having someone uprange from others, bouncing around while someone struggles to push them through/on gravel in a wheelchair, and firing past them is not acceptable.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    While I have limited knowledge of civilian ranges I do know in the Army you always keep the line dressed.
    Using you peripheral vision to keep dressed. The line NCO,s keep everything safe IMO this would have been a "cease fire" event.
    I would have removed the line RO and the RSO both would have been counseled and retrained.

I do have experience with personnel shooting from a wheelchair. It looks like about five minutes with a rake would have cleared a lane for him to receive effective training.
    Why would you allow your range to get in that condition? The spent casings are a trip hazard to anyone it's unacceptable and shows a lack of pride in your range.

Years ago when I was a Drill Sergeant I was almost shot during the "Buddy rush" event. The Soldiers elbow slipped in the mud when he was firing. That incident was an accident that occurred with all appropriate risk control measures in place what I observed on the video was an deliberate act.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I do have experience with personnel shooting from a wheelchair. It looks like about five minutes with a rake would have cleared a lane for him to receive effective training. Why would you allow your range to get in that condition? The spent casings are a trip hazard to anyone it's unacceptable and shows a lack of pride in your range.

I was wondering if anyone else would have noted the un-policed spent casings all over the range, contributing to the dangerous conditions, let alone the lack of discipline or maintenance.

The whole thing had poor judgment/slipshod all over it.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    All the years I have spent hunting and shooting has been done with my brother and my dad. I have never been on a public range and have only been hunting with a couple other people. This kind of thing is very limited, I hope, but its just more evidence that I don't care to be around people and loaded weapons. I'm in no way saying that all people are this moronic, but it only takes once. I don't know, maybe I am to cautious, I personally don't think I am. All I am saying is these guys were trained and certified, but I would not spend 5 minutes on a range with either of them.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I was wondering if anyone else would have noted the un-policed spent casings all over the range, contributing to the dangerous conditions, let alone the lack of discipline or maintenance.

The whole thing had poor judgment/slipshod all over it.
    Yeah, appears to be covered with spent shotgun hulls, which are treacherous to walk on, but it would also appear that when instructor on the left of the screen came over to "assist" wheelchair guy, he left all the other students completely unsupervised. Many levels of fail in this video.

Top Bottom