Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This didn't take long! Welcome to 2017.

Shortly after 2 a.m., police were called to the area of South Meridian St. and Georgia St. for a report of shots fired. When they arrived, they found a black SUV with its windshield shot multiple times, but there were no reports of injuries.

Less than an hour later, IMPD responded to a person shot in the 900 block of North Pennsylvania St. They found a woman in a parking lot who’d been shot in the upper right chest,. Medics transported her to Eskenazi Hospital in stable condition. Police say she was uncooperative as they tried to get information about a possible suspect.
    “We think she, by the way she was acting, she might know who the assailant was, but we don’t know for sure,” said Lt. Joe Sherron of the Indianapolis Metro Police Department.

I don't know about ya'll, I get shot I am cooperating! When I recover I'll send Power Point slides with information.

Violent night rings in 2017 | Fox 59

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I counted 11 rounds through the passengers side windshield. Up close and personal from the way it looks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This didn't take long! Welcome to 2017.

Shortly after 2 a.m., police were called to the area of South Meridian St. and Georgia St. for a report of shots fired. When they arrived, they found a black SUV with its windshield shot multiple times, but there were no reports of injuries.

Less than an hour later, IMPD responded to a person shot in the 900 block of North Pennsylvania St. They found a woman in a parking lot who’d been shot in the upper right chest,. Medics transported her to Eskenazi Hospital in stable condition. Police say she was uncooperative as they tried to get information about a possible suspect.
    “We think she, by the way she was acting, she might know who the assailant was, but we don’t know for sure,” said Lt. Joe Sherron of the Indianapolis Metro Police Department.

I don't know about ya'll, I get shot I am cooperating! When I recover I'll send Power Point slides with information.

Violent night rings in 2017 | Fox 59

Yeah, presumably she's worried about consequences if she "snitches". To that I would say, "What are they gonna do, shoot ya? That ship has sailed honey." :rolleyes:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Heyjackass.com had them at 795 yesterday with NYE yet to kick in.
    Said they might break 800 anyway, with folks in hospitals taking a while to give up the ghost, plus some dead folks not yet having their expirations classified.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I keep waiting for a shooting measurement tool that takes into account whether the person shot was also a criminal. There is a big difference in my opinion between gangs shooting each other and idiots trying to rob the dopeman for drugs and relatively innocent bystanders/ unprovoked shootings. I don't think that it is going to happen because I am sure within minutes the same usual talking heads would label it as racist or insert typical apologist language here.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I keep waiting for a shooting measurement tool that takes into account whether the person shot was also a criminal. There is a big difference in my opinion between gangs shooting each other and idiots trying to rob the dopeman for drugs and relatively innocent bystanders/ unprovoked shootings. I don't think that it is going to happen because I am sure within minutes the same usual talking heads would label it as racist or insert typical apologist language here.
    They track whether the victim is a criminal and/or gang member. It just isn't reported on very often.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Saw a 60 Minutes segment on Chicago and how "active" policing is going down while shootings/killings are going up. I kept thinking "correlation is not causation." But, I think there is something to the notion that there are a combination of things happening (including an ACLU-lawsuit-mandated 2 page report for every interaction) that is decreasing officer activity, and a corollary increase in criminal activity because of the vacuum.

Which then leads me to wonder if some portion of Indy's criminal violence issue is spill-over from Chi-town. As I recall in the 80s and early 90s, that was part of the assessment: that Indy's crime rate lagged, but generally tracked, Chicago's.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    They track whether the victim is a criminal and/or gang member. It just isn't reported on very often.

I understand that it is tracked what I would like to see is an overall metric for it, put side by side with usual murder/shooting figures.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Not a bad grouping fired into that windshield...and all into the passenger side. I wonder if the driver fled with a body in tow...

bubbazap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, presumably she's worried about consequences if she "snitches". To that I would say, "What are they gonna do, shoot ya? That ship has sailed honey." :rolleyes:

OR she is worried that her "BabyDaddy" won't have any money to give her from selling his pharmaceuticals espically if he is in jail for shooting her

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this.

First, condolences to the families of the men killed at this restaurant. This is senseless.

Second, though, these individuals are described as gun"men." I remain unconvinced of their masculinity.

IMPD-surveillance-video.jpg

Which makes the murders no less tragic.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think you've gotta go back about 30 to get to a 3 or 4 year stretch when it was this bad.

Top Bottom