• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    NE Indiana
    More as an exercise than anything else, I put together some items for emergency use. Actually, a bug out bag is for survivalists, I think. This is not.

I have a desert camo backpack which holds everything. Items like a genuine Kabar,(not Chinese crap!) alcohol stove, three methods for making fire, Water filtration, two water containers, Flashlight, crank and battery powered, four cyalume snap sticks, simple compass, two freeze dried meals (10 years life), survival blankets, first aid kit, and other misc.

My latest addition is a Henry AR7 .22 survival rifle, which fits easily in the back pack. Haven't tried it for accuracy or reliability yet but I've heard good reports on the Henry as opposed to the Charter Arms version. About 100 rounds of Minimax ammo.

I also have a two meter small handheld (meets Mil Std 810 for waterpower, vibration, and shock) and covers many frequencies receive and three bands on transmit.(I'm an inactive ham). Not the best , has a rechargeable battery pak and can also use AA batteries. Weak spot is recharging.

Just some ideas, nothing special.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    One thing that is in my BOB are tampons. Laugh if you will but think about it for a moment. They absorb blood and they're compressed cotton. The initial size and form is near perfect for a bullet wound. Pull them apart and they are great as a fire starter. (Don't use both at the same time though.)
    If it ever comes down to the day where I need mine these are not items to think lightly about. Mine also has a couple of dual-band HT's. Been a HAM since the 80's.
    Dan

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    One thing that is in my BOB are tampons. Laugh if you will but think about it for a moment. They absorb blood and they're compressed cotton. The initial size and form is near perfect for a bullet wound. Pull them apart and they are great as a fire starter. (Don't use both at the same time though.)
    If it ever comes down to the day where I need mine these are not items to think lightly about. Mine also has a couple of dual-band HT's. Been a HAM since the 80's.
    Dan

DO NOT USE TAMPONS FOR PENETRATING WOUNDS!!
    They are designed to DRAW blood away from the wound. They will cause more damage than just putting a pair of pressure bandages on it--if it's a thru and thru. Spend a couple of bucks for a real bandage.
    Use the tampons to start a fire with.

BTW, this sure sounds a lot like a bug out bag:dunno:

Bob

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Dan

Lol, get some medical/trama training before you hurt yourself...

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Couple gallon ziplock bags and a couple larger heavy duty trash bags take up minimal space, weigh little and have a bajillion uses.

Top Bottom