• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I am 99%sure the Mosin PU sniper is a later reproduction and not legit ( those pics suck) the N.E.W. is in an incorrect 91/30 post war stock which kills its value even if it is parted out.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    This "Collection" is real suspicious. I do not believe this is just someones collection..

Also the photos are real lacking for an auction like this..

So many of these guns have big issues...

The Gew 98 has been converted, and missing parts

The poor M34 has been welded up (I teared up on this one)

the no4 mk1 is missing the bolt and magazine plus other parts,, (Crap this has been parted out)

the no 11 shot gun is missing hammers & wood

the 1916 no 1 has bore issues that most will clean out, plus wood fitting issues (what ever that is)

The italian 1891 is missing parts

No 30 Parts gun

Model 42 in rough shape

higgins model 8310 parts gun

French lebel Frame & parts

colt 38 frozen up

The Maynard carbine stock looks like its been carved up

That poor Erma sportsmodel German 22 is missing a bolt, Bolt release, the barrel has been shortened with a scope mount added

And I have never in all my life seen crud growing on a gun like the crud on that AG 42

From the photo the Martini looks to be missing some wood..

And 2 of the guns are rubber

And there are some others with issues.

This looks more to be someone cleaning out some junker messed up guns with some other guns.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    This "Collection" is real suspicious. I do not believe this is just someones collection..

Also the photos are real lacking for an auction like this..

So many of these guns have big issues...

The Gew 98 has been converted, and missing parts

The poor M34 has been welded up (I teared up on this one)

the no4 mk1 is missing the bolt and magazine plus other parts,, (Crap this has been parted out)

the no 11 shot gun is missing hammers & wood

the 1916 no 1 has bore issues that most will clean out, plus wood fitting issues (what ever that is)

The italian 1891 is missing parts

No 30 Parts gun

Model 42 in rough shape

higgins model 8310 parts gun

French lebel Frame & parts

colt 38 frozen up

The Maynard carbine stock looks like its been carved up

That poor Erma sportsmodel German 22 is missing a bolt, Bolt release, the barrel has been shortened with a scope mount added

And I have never in all my life seen crude growing on a gun like the crude on that AG 42

From the photo the Martini looks to be missing some wood..

And 2 of the guns are rubber

And there are some others with issues.

This looks more to be someone cleaning out some junker messed up guns with some other guns.

I think you have a good point.

Looking closely at the pictures it does make me wonder where at least half of the guns came from to be in such poor condition. Any collector would have restored or parted out some of those guns for sure. The M1 carbine in particular looks terrible.

Which 2 guns are rubber? I couldn't pick them out from quickly scrolling through the photos.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Ok, they just added more detailed photos of the firearms at this auction... Look to further pick on some of the problems of some of the
    surplus arms would be as childish as Mike Tyson bragging about beating up on a 3rd grader.. But the descriptions left out a lot of problems..

My favorite so far has to be #52 the Civil war Model 1845.. to say that gun "looks a little rough"... well that gun is looking at a little rough in the rear view mirror...

PS

OK, I thought I saw bad things before, but that Poor German Sportsmodel, Gott in Himmel... Someone has done things to that gun that are criminal...

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    So... I actually went to this auction yesterday. I'm retired, so it is good entertainment for me. The thing that was shocking was how much better all of these guns looked in person than they did in the photos. They had been cleaned up and oiled and it was remarkable how much original finish most of them actually had. The photographs must have been done under intense lighting that overemphasized the flaws. A good thing for the buyers, but a bit misleading too. I went to it thinking that they were guns that had been stored in an unheated garage, but they looked pretty much like what you typically see laying on the tables at a gun show. Obviously, they did still have all of the previously noted issues such as broken stocks, mis-matched parts, etc. On a side note, the guy that owned the collection wrote the descriptions, and I do have to say that his idea of great condition is considerably different than mine. However, there really were several decent deals to be had.

There was the usual strange things you always see at auctions. Two guys bid each other up on a last-ditch Japanese Arisaka that had a badly broken stock at the wrist, but then completely ignored another one a few guns later that didn't have any similar issues. End result; the 2nd one went to an internet bidder for the same price as the one with the broken stock. That has long been an auction phenomenon that has puzzled me, there are a lot of bidders that don't seem to pay much attention to condition.

Here are the prices realized without the added fees.
    Gun Auction January 18th 2017

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    There was some crazy things that happen #52 the Austrian 1845 Carbine Sold for near $850 and it was really worn and hurt from being left outdoors..

But that gun was really an 1842 model.. (which you could not read from the gun because of all the pitting) But one could have gotten a working one in good condition around $600... or you could get one with a bungled stock for around 300..

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/592467017

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/606493080

But if you wanted one that looked like it went through hell, this was the one for you. Just do not know if one should pay a premium for it..

Top Bottom