• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    So this is really for anyone who owns or works at a firearms store that allows employees to carry sidearms. I understand that the ATF requires every gun in the shop that is for sale or in for repair to be accounted for in the log book, but what about an employee's personal sidearm? How many businesses keep a seperate log of employee firearms? Is that something the ATF is even concerned with?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So this is really for anyone who owns or works at a firearms store that allows employees to carry sidearms. I understand that the ATF requires every gun in the shop that is for sale or in for repair to be accounted for in the log book, but what about an employee's personal sidearm? How many businesses keep a seperate log of employee firearms? Is that something the ATF is even concerned with?

I want to ensure that I understand you. There are gun shops that allow employees to carry firearms which on on their A&D book? Why would the gun shop allow employees to carry their inventory?

Or, are you referencing guns out of the gun shop's bound book and owned by the employees?

Just a little confused here.

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    Sorry, these are guns owned by the employees. Their own personal firearms. No one is carrying a shop owned gun.

no, they arent owned by the shop or in possesion by the shop for any purpose. They are property of the employee there is no requirement to do anything in regards to the bound book.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Bob, if the employees guns are out of the bound book, then there is no requirement that they go BACK in the A&D book just because the employee is wearing a gun, or for a customer, or for an inspecting ATFE agent, or to log in all of rhino's 37 guns that he is wearing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Think of it this way (look at the diagram), the gun shop cares about guns that are recorded in their book book (Circle A). The gun shop does not care about recording guns that do not belong to their inventory (Circle B).

Since the guns of the empolyees, customers, ATFE agents or even rhino, do not belong to the gun shop, they are NOT recorded (Circle B).

513679-1C-41E-i3.png

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    That's my understanding of things. This certain shop wishes to create a log of sidearms, owned by employees that they could potentially have on their person if the ATF shows up to do an audit. This would be a seperate log from the bound book. The stated reason for creating this log (serials included) is to eliminate any confusion as to which guns in the building are the property of the store and which are not. I think it's a heaping pile of bull

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's my understanding of things. This certain shop wishes to create a log of sidearms, owned by employees that they could potentially have on their person if the ATF shows up to do an audit. This would be a seperate log from the bound book. The stated reason for creating this log (serials included) is to eliminate any confusion as to which guns in the building are the property of the store and which are not. I think it's a heaping pile of bull
    There is not enough work in the store such that they need to create more?

Does the ATF impound every firearm in the store (even those used as sidearms) until proven that they are not listed in the A&D? (And more importantly, only the "A" part, because if they were "D" it shouldn't be an issue anyway.)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Do they have a separate log for customers? How about the plumber? The guy that re-fills the soda pop machine? Rhino?

I don't get it but I don't have the big picture.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville

You got to be kidding me? Whose bright idea was this?

Is there any wonder why I left...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

I think that would be the day I would walk out the door. Or tell the boss he needs to pay rent on my firearm if he intends to make it his business. No scratch that, I would not work for a man that does not trust me and respect me and my property.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    I know no one registers my CCW when in a Gun Store. Why would they want to register Employee personal firearms. That would be silly.

Top Bottom