• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrose361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2011
    I am look for a rifle range with 200-300 yard, with pistol bays. close to Fort Wayne. I know of FWRR, bot not looking to spend $150-300 for membership. I am open to something in NW Ohio. I heard of some with good reviews, but did not save the names.

Any recommendations would be great.

geezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    NE Indiana
    I'm a life member of the FWRR. I don't pay dues but it fulfills your requirements except for the dues. Good luck in finding a place, i don't know of any close to Ft. Wayne

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Warsaw Rifle and Pistol has six pistol bays and a 200-yard rifle range, plus an indoor pistol/rimfire range. Members are allowed to use all the ranges. Cost is $80/year and $60/year for seniors. Club meetings are in the clubhouse that houses the indoor range. There is a large pole barn that houses equipment, steel targets, stands, and a large trailer full set-up materials for regular USPSA matches. The club is about 40 miles west of Fort Wayne, off highway 30. Classes are both permitted and encouraged.

FWRR has five pistol bays and a 300-yard rifle range but no indoor range; however, members are prohibited from using three of the pistol bays, and the club prohibits classes. It costs $180.00 to join, and you need a member as a sponsor. There is a range building next to the rifle range, but club meetings are held in a room over a bar in New Haven. Fort Wayne Area Practical Shooters (USPSA) is an outside club that utilizes FWRR and is allowed to use all five pistol bays, as is the Allen County Practical Defense League. A small shed houses steel targets and stands they utilize in matches. As a FWRR member, you may shoot on the three prohibited pistol bays only if you participate in matches or scheduled practice sessions hosted by the above outside clubs.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    What NIFT says is all true.

ACPDL is also an outside club that utilizes the 5 pistol bays. FWRR has no internal pistol program. And no Junior program.

Last edited:

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    You might check these folks out Ranges

I'm thinking about joining there. You might also look into Issak Walton League in Fort Wayne. I know they have a rifle range but don't know the distances.

jrose361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2011
    jpr
    thanks I will have to look into Antwerp club

FW Issak Walton has closed rife bays until further notice.

I have shot at Warsaw before, just looking for a closer option, more range time less windshield time .

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom