• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomray3of4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    United States
    Does anyone know the municipal code that talks about air rifles in Fishers? I heard you can't shoot a BB gun in your own back yard, is this true? Not even for target practice?

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Looks just like Noblesville.

I know.

If i remember right Noblesville says anything that fires a projectile (has been a while since I looked it up). So my eight year old daughter and I were criminals when she was in the backyard shooting a $30.00 bow and arrow set I got from Dicks......"No Nerf Soft guns allowed to be fired in Noblesville!"

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    So as I read it. You can shoot a firearm anytime you want but not a wrist rocket????
    That's what I thought at first too but then got the "or projectiles propelled by other mechanical means." So.... by that definition, throwing a baseball, softball, or soccer ball is outlawed too? An arm is a mechanical device powered by biology, no?

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Some kids may or may not have been threatened with a citation under this section back when for having a Nerf® battle in one of the town parks. . . They may also enforce this reference archery tackle. . . That was a more interesting conversation, as I had grown a pretty smart mouth by then.

I was very surprised to see how many municipalities have similar ordinances, including my rural community.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    That's what I thought at first too but then got the "or projectiles propelled by other mechanical means." So.... by that definition, throwing a baseball, softball, or soccer ball is outlawed too? An arm is a mechanical device powered by biology, no?

I would say that's biomechanical BUT the pitching machine they use in practice would be in violation.

Top Bottom