• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Another thread got me thinking how the mechanics worked, so I did a google search to find how mechanics worked in 3 burst fire, but I didn't want to hijack that thread...
    Thought it was worth sharing...

Not sure how accurate this is? But seems to fit my curiosity... and perhaps yours as well.
    The world of firearms never ceases to amaze me... I think I need to add that to my sig now.

[video=youtube;cxwPEL8winI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxwPEL8winI[/video]

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'll have to re-look at my AC-556 trigger group. It's like an M-16 trigger in that when you put it on 3 round burst, the first trigger pull may get you 1, 2, or 3 rounds. It works off of a ratchet system. If you pull and let off fast enough to get two rounds, the next trigger pull will get you one round. I used it for first time full auto shooters, but really never used it myself. Now, the MP-5 three round burst is different and will net you three rounds if you pull and hold every time!

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    On the M4's when put on 3 round burst, depending on where the "ratchet" part of the burst sear is, on your first squeeze you may get 1, 2, or 3 rounds, but every subsequent squeeze will be 3 rounds. It just has to reset.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    used it in training a couple times. After 3-4 mags to get used to it it was extremely effective on the army qualification range with pop up targets. I always had trouble hitting the 300m target with irons in qual but with burst it went down every time. Also my rifle would go from 3-2-1 and repeat. Not sure if by design or because it was probably from Vietnam era.

We were doing this to burn excess ammo.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    You know, having a couple of machineguns without a 3 round burst, I've found that my trigger finger does an excellent job controlling bursts... without worrying about any complex mechanisms.

Top Bottom