• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    I stopped by Grey Wolf gun shop in Avon today but the door was locked and it was 11am they should be open at that time.
    I noticed that there were two men in the shop, I tapped on the door, one of the men came to the door and told me that they were closed PERMENTLY/ out of business.
    It is always very sad to see a gun shop go under. :(
    Does anyone know why they didn't make it ? :dunno:
    JT:oldwise:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    We'll see more and more of these shops closing up in next few years. Salad days for sellers are over. Folks aren't pressed to buy anything now and the small shops are gonna feel it

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I stopped in there about 2 weeks ago and I thought it was a bit odd that they only had a few guns in inventory, i guess I know why now. Too bad, I hate to see that they didn't make it, seemed like a nice shop.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I stopped in there about 2 weeks ago and I thought it was a bit odd that they only had a few guns in inventory, i guess I know why now. Too bad, I hate to see that they didn't make it, seemed like a nice shop.

Now that you mention it. The wife I stopped by about a month ago we live in Lebanon so it can be a drive to Avon. But I noticed that the selection of guns just wasn't what it was before. Hmmm... must have known for awhile it wasn't looking good. Too bad, some guys seems pretty knowledgeable.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    We'll see more and more of these shops closing up in next few years. Salad days for sellers are over. Folks aren't pressed to buy anything now and the small shops are gonna feel it
    Remember this! Every time someone *****es about the LGS not having whatever widget, threaded to their spec, on the shelf, right then! Yes, small shops are going to be gone, simply because of folks who are in a race to zero! The big boys don't care, they move **** at MSRP, or more, and don't swat the small guy. It is YOU, the consumer that dictates how many small shops remain!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Dont worry, the owner got the stuff he wanted! I feel sorry for the folks with cans still in jail, so far, unless something has changed, none of the other locals will take the paper?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    They lied to me, which makes me wonder about their business practices in the first place. I was in there a week ago and saw the slim pickings. I asked what was up and they told me they had a great Christmas season and sold most of their stock. I thought it was odd, considering Fort Liberty and others had plenty of stock after Christmas.

I don't appreciate the lie, so I'm really not sorry to see them go. No reason for the lie. Disrespectful and despicable.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Remember this! Every time someone *****es about the LGS not having whatever widget, threaded to their spec, on the shelf, right then! Yes, small shops are going to be gone, simply because of folks who are in a race to zero! The big boys don't care, they move **** at MSRP, or more, and don't swat the small guy. It is YOU, the consumer that dictates how many small shops remain!
    In this case you can't blame the consumer, this is about management.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I think it has a lot more to do with prices and knowledge. Not the fact they are a small gun store. People aren't in a rush to buy now. The days of 300 lcps are over. I was in a store the other day. Very large store and they wanted 350 for a standard lcp. That's just insane but all the the employees were *****ing about how sales were down and they didn't know why other than the election. I was cracking up inside listening to the bs.

Stop trying to make max profit on everything. Make a decent amount off multiple people vs trying to get it off every sale. It's economics.

sicegcivic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dont worry, the owner got the stuff he wanted! I feel sorry for the folks with cans still in jail, so far, unless something has changed, none of the other locals will take the paper?

In an attempt to draw as little attention to myself in regards to this situation, I will simply say that the above quote pretty much sums it up in the first sentence. On the note of the NFA items, it is my understanding that they are going to do the right thing, and keep FFL/SOT up to date and finish all pending transfers. I obviously cannot verify this 100%, however it is what I have been told through the grapevine.

john110

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Well this is bad news for me. I've had an omega suppressor there since June, hope I'm not screwed.

Last edited:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I wouldn't say that. I've bought from small LGS before and I'm sure I will again. One of my very favorite places to buy is indiucky's shop down in Clarksville. :)

Sure, Most LGS suck.

Around Indy, I like PSS, USDS, Indy Trading Post, they are run by knowledgeable people and will to deal. I tried to help 2 other shops after their unfortunate events, both time I ran into issues with them. Not any more.

Can we get a list of the shops closed in recent years?

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I was in there last Thursday, one of the last days they were going to be open. According to Dean, they had a lot of problems with the employees selling guns to friends and others for massive discounts that caused them lose money. It sounded like there was some major issues between staff and management, everyone walked out at the same time. He said they will continue their online sales, but were closing the store due to major losses.

Top Bottom