• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    You've heard of a duel.... now how about when three people participate? Here is something to consider for a cold winter weekend.

PROBLEM

After a long disagreement, Mr. Black, Mr. Gray and Mr. White agree to enter into a three-way duel, or a truel. They will stand in a triangle formation, each positioned at the vertices, each equidistant from the other two shooters.

Mr. Black is the worst shot, he only hits 1/3 of the time, so he gets to shoot first. Mr. Gray is second-worst, hitting 2/3 of the time, so he get's to shoot second. Mr. White is an ace, and he hits 100 percent of the time, so he will have to wait and shoot third. The three men will take turns shooting in this order until only one man is left standing.

Mr. Black is up first. What should he do to secure his best odds of survival?

HINT

If you were Mr. Gray, who would you want to take out first? If you were Mr. White, who would you want to take out first?

I'll post the solution in a few days.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Wait... Didn't I see this in a movie back in 1967 or 68? The good, the bad, and the ugly? Blondie (Clint) won but I can't remember if he was, good or ugly.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The presumption would be that Mr. Gray and Mr. White would consider the other to be the biggest threat, so they would be sure to shoot at each other. If Mr. Black shoots either of them first, then he would only be making it a sure thing that the remaining one would shoot at him. Therefore his best chance of survival is to shoot into the air. Either Mr. Gray or Mr. White will hit the other one, leaving the next shot to Mr. Black.

You should add more variables. Mr. Black has a 1911 in .45, while Mr. Gray has a Glock in 9mm, and Mr. White has a Hi-Point in .380. Which one prefers open carry?

Last edited:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Mr Black is 1/3 accurate, Mr Gray is 2/3 accurate, Mr White is 3/3 accurate, all standing in a triangle.

To me, from each perspective, they only have 2 targets both sides of them, so Mr Black is actually 1/2 accurate, Both Mr Gray and Mr White are 100% accurate.

And Mr White will be too smart to follow the rules and shoot both at the same time, he doesn't have time to play around coz he's got meth to cook with Jessie.

Top Bottom