• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The LGSs convenient to me are not competitive. I gave up depending on our Walmart to have stuff in stock when I want it. Pretty much, I internet order ammo and guns anymore.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Only gun I ever bought at WalMart was their exclusive model Ruger 10/22. Probably 10-12 years ago at the Beech Grove WalMart and cat-fight center. The best WalMart I've been to for shooting related stuff is in Sterling, CO. They had bullets, brass, dies, powder, primers, and employees who knew what they were talking about. Get away from the big city if you want a decent WalMart experience.

Hey, you say your location is "United States".

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I try and stop by the I-465 at Emerson Beech Grove WM sometimes on my way home from work, and my local Fishers 96th st WM weekly at least, funny I didn't need any ammo last month and saw plenty of "Perfecta" 9mm 50 rd boxes in stock, now I need some 9m range fodder and its all dried up.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Which Walmart locations do you find have the best guns and or ammo in stock? Of the ones I have been to I feel like the the best has been Kokomo.

Funny you should ask...We went to Walmart Sunday to look at a shotgun, the guys in the sporting goods dept are really nice, so we asked about a particular one he said" Look its going to take quite a while for me even to show it to you, its in lock up and a manager has to handle it, bring it out to the sporting goods counter place a lock on it etc" We thanked him for his candid advice and went elsewhere.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Which Walmart locations do you find have the best guns and or ammo in stock? Of the ones I have been to I feel like the the best has been Kokomo.

I have not bought .22 ammo or any ammo at Kokomo Wal-Mart in years because they never have anything I want. That... and the old grumpy ba$***d that works back there acts like he is doing you a favor or is inconvenienced to wait on you. I go to my LGS (Downham & Sons) Logansport. Yeah...I just gave them a "shout out".

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    This may sound strange but Muncie has TWO Walmarts, south and north, about 15 to 20 minutes apart. They both are terrible, for a while kinda got the feeling the manager of the store voted very liberal and was pushing an agenda. Due to it was an amazing hassle to buy ammo, well stocked btw, last time I waited 20+ minutes for the person with the keys. Finally left and haven't bought nothing but clay pigeons once since. Now go to Rural King, no hassles.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm still waiting for someone to show up with a key so I can buy ammo. Lol

You must be in the Lebanon Walmart!!

Troof!

Ive not waited less than 5 minutes ever. Only one person has the key and they are never around. If they werent so much cheaper, I would buy elsewhere. Well, Meijer sells WWB for the same cost, but their Sporting Goods clerks are even more elusive.

And ALL WWB shoots relatively dirty, no matter where you get it. But I dont see what the big deal is. Its not THAT bad.

Also on a side note, Dont buy liquor at walmart if it has the alarm cap. Only a CSM can unlock it for you and they are busy running all over the store doing managery things. Last bottle I bought I was 30 seconds from just walking out the door and using tools to remove it at home. I didnt start watching my watch right away, but at about the 9:30 mark she finally showed up, walking slowly, and making it obvious by her attitude I was inconveniencing her. I had resolved to head out the door, receipt in hand, damn the alarm at the 10 minute mark. Ridiculous. If I had known it was going to be that long of a wait I wouldnt have bought it. But by the time I realized how much suck was involved I was past the point of no return. And dont get me started on my neighborhood walmart where the self serve register clerk disappears for 10 minutes at a time. (last visit all 4 registers required assistance and he was nowhere to be found) /rant

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The walmart at Emerson and County Line seems to have the best stock of ammo of any other walmart I've been to. I haven't been in a while, but they always seem to have a reasonable supply of Perfecta and Federal aluminum case ammo. Screw WWB. I never, never buy it. Perfecta and Federal aluminum have better quality control and are way less dirty IMO.

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    The walmart at Emerson and County Line seems to have the best stock of ammo of any other walmart I've been to. I haven't been in a while, but they always seem to have a reasonable supply of Perfecta and Federal aluminum case ammo. Screw WWB. I never, never buy it. Perfecta and Federal aluminum have better quality control and are way less dirty IMO.

And someone with the is usually close by

Top Bottom