• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Another book on long-range shooting, really? Something else to make us all super-snipers and tacticool?

No, not really. But, if you're looking to get into distance shooting, or just want to understand the basics of how LR shooting works, this is a complete, well-written book. It's in my range bag when I head to the rifle range, just as a reference. Everyone interested in rifle shooting will get something out of it. All the math you never wanted to learn, and just enough attitude to make it readable. Check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/Long-Range-S...=UTF8&qid=1484596703&sr=8-1&keywords=cleckner

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Another book on long-range shooting, really? Something else to make us all super-snipers and tacticool?

No, not really. But, if you're looking to get into distance shooting, or just want to understand the basics of how LR shooting works, this is a complete, well-written book. It's in my range bag when I head to the rifle range, just as a reference. Everyone interested in rifle shooting will get something out of it. All the math you never wanted to learn, and just enough attitude to make it readable. Check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/Long-Range-S...=UTF8&qid=1484596703&sr=8-1&keywords=cleckner

Hmmmm....when one doesn't know it all, having a written reference is at least a good start for learnin'!

I've been thinkin' about picking up something to help improve my hunting / shooting...would like to be able to reach out to 1,000 yards and feel I'm reliable with it.

Might pick it up for the few $$ it costs! Thanks for posting!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I haven't made it through the book yet as I have a really hard time keeping motivated to read (I figure if I have time to read, I have time to do something constructive in the shop instead), but it is well written. I do need to get on it and finish the book.

Top Bottom