Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    One thing I like about the Muncie show is that Guns and Rosa's Targets will be there. I can pick up the order I placed and not have to pay for shipping!

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    How many tables at this show? Is there usually a nice assortment of used guns to? Particularly military surplus rifles and revolvers?
    Around 180 tables. Probably more new guns than used ones, but I never really know until everyone gets set up. I know of a few vendors that only sell used ones though. I would say more than likely there will be some surplus firearms, but not a huge selection.
    Honestly if you're in Hebron, Crown Point is much closer, twice the size and is next weekend. Some different vendors in Muncie though.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Guns and Rosa's has a 20 for 20 deal. 5 of their great big targets, 5 of their "mediums", and 10 of their. "small" ones. The small ones are at least twice the size of a piece of notebook paper. That plus the poker game terget would've been 23.50, but they knocked the last 50 cents off.

I love their targets. DeadeyeChrista and I met out at her Gpa's on new years day to celebrate her birthday, which was the day before. She wanted to shoot some, so we burned up one of their 5 bull targets, and I sent her home with one of the multiple small bull targets. She was pumped.

Other Dave was holding court. Always good to see him. Little different crowd on this one. One middle aged couple in particular had never shot at all. They were "freedom curious ". LOL.
    Altogether a little more cosmopolitan crowd. Fewer unwashed wildcats.

One vendor had pretty good prices on pistols, and several had good AR prices. Love the knife guys. Some good specimens. Also several classic revolver and military rifle displays.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Guns and Rosa's has a 20 for 20 deal. 5 of their great big targets, 5 of their "mediums", and 10 of their. "small" ones. The small ones are at least twice the size of a piece of notebook paper. That plus the poker game terget would've been 23.50, but they knocked the last 50 cents off.

I love their targets. DeadeyeChrista and I met out at her Gpa's on new years day to celebrate her birthday, which was the day before. She wanted to shoot some, so we burned up one of their 5 bull targets, and I sent her home with one of the multiple small bull targets. She was pumped.

Other Dave was holding court. Always good to see him. Little different crowd on this one. One middle aged couple in particular had never shot at all. They were "freedom curious ". LOL.
    Altogether a little more cosmopolitan crowd. Fewer unwashed wildcats.

One vendor had pretty good prices on pistols, and several had good AR prices. Love the knife guys. Some good specimens. Also several classic revolver and military rifle displays.

Agree about the crowd being different. Was there quite a while catching up with friends not seen in a while. Noticed several families and various non-crumugden types. Powder was still higher priced but available.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Larger crowd than usual. It was a full house this morning. There was some deals here and there. Of course the old timers were there with the same over priced collections that haven't changed since the 80's, but all in all it wasn't bad.

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    I also thought it was a good show. Good crowd and was able to find a real nice S&W 4" blue 29-2 44 mag for less than the going $1000. +. Might go back tomorrow.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Was in Muncie yesterday for business and decided to stop by this show. Last time I was there I picked up an optic for an AR I was finishing and this time I picked up a couple of Izhmash bakelite 30 rounder for the AK. Was there around 11:00AM and it was crowded. Prices were pretty compatible than the last one I was at, but I did get the Izzie's for less than what I tried and failed at the last one. Different vendor better prices. If it works out with that I am in Muncie again when the next one is going I will definitely stop by.

Top Bottom