• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I can remember when the first announcement came out on the trials, people were complaining that the specs seemed to be designed to give it to Sig.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I wish I was at Shot show so I could see the Beretta people crying and the Glock guys throwing a fit that would be nice. That being said this does in my mind explain why Sig has been pushing so hard to be a "complete system provider" in the last few years, nothing says $$$$ like contracts to provide Pistols, Suppressors, and Ammunition for this new contract win. My bet on caliber is the Army will go with a 9mm hollowpoint.

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wish I was at Shot show so I could see the Beretta people crying and the Glock guys throwing a fit that would be nice. That being said this does in my mind explain why Sig has been pushing so hard to be a "complete system provider" in the last few years, nothing says $$$$ like contracts to provide Pistols, Suppressors, and Ammunition for this new contract win. My bet on caliber is the Army will go with a 9mm hollowpoint.

SIG also got the ICE contract for Immigration and Customers for 9mm P320 and MPX rifles. Not sure if USBP will piggyback as well but customs will have SIGs by early summer.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    SIG also got the ICE contract for Immigration and Customers for 9mm P320 and MPX rifles. Not sure if USBP will piggyback as well but customs will have SIGs by early summer.

Sig is the hotness right now, look at the original FBI Solicitation it was designed for the P320. The gun just makes sense, it has grips that can fit anyone's hands, super easy to work on, and the ergos are second to none. Its a killer striker fired pistol, I am really glad they beat out Glock I am sick of that ****ty company only winning contracts because the come in cheaper than anyone else.

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In my opinion, this is disappointing. The only gun manufacturer that can go toe-to-toe with Kimber in cheapening their line-up is Sig.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    In my opinion, this is disappointing. The only gun manufacturer that can go toe-to-toe with Kimber in cheapening their line-up is Sig.

Cheaper than an alloy or steel SIG? Of course, that's the point. (and lighter weight).

Please, tell me what the P320 lacks from cost cutting...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I thought from what I've read that the 320 has problems. Quite a few YouTube videos with guys complaining

Own 2 P320's and the rest of the Striker fired brigade minus Glock only Striker fired gun that comes close to the P320 is the PPQ but I hate it's grips as the finger grooves are too small for my gorilla hands. You know the Army beat this gun into the ground during testing the 320 is rock solid

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Not being pedantic (unless you were only jesting), but none of the issue Sigs will be using hollowpoints, not unless the U.S. military has formally withdrawn from the Hague Convention.

Top Bottom