• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So what does it mean for the Industry? Will Marketing and Launching of new products have to adopt? Seems like some companies like Ruger, one of my favorites by the way. Does a pretty good Job of getting products to the store after announcing a new Product. While conversely others will announce a new product and it wont be on the store shelves for two years.

Recently one company announced what I thought was a perfect 1911 for me, but limited production to the point that unless you know some one your not getting one.

With the loss of the fear factor I wonder if we will have to see manufacturers changing their business model to earn our hard earned $'s

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    We need to keep buying as much as we can afford to, remember, there is another election in 4 years and you can be sure the dems will have reevaluated their positions and strategy.

Nitreoxide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2016
    Morresville
    I think we will see lower prices as the scare demand goes down. Also think we will see some new designs and options to try to keep the interest up.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think we will see lower prices as the scare demand goes down. Also think we will see some new designs and options to try to keep the interest up.

Enter, Henry Repeating Arms-

New, for 2017
    A Big Boy steel carbine in .327 Federal magnum
    A lever action .410bore
    A new line of single-shot shotguns in .410bore, 20ga and 12ga
    A new line of single-shot rifles in .223, 243, and .308

These, along with the Long Ranger they introduced recently, shows Henry is at least trying.
    We'll see if the others keep up.

On a side note, I see Savage has entered the already crowded AR market.
    I wish them well. I do love a Savage bolt action rifle, but I fear they may be a day late and a dollar short, unless they have some ground-breaking technology I haven't heard of.

I would like to see Marlin step up to the .327 plate.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I would not change any buying habits at all. Including firearms, ammo or reloading. The Dumocrats, are going to fight scrap and argue every step of the way. Seeing the arguing going on with the cabinet appointments I can't imagine what will happen when we get to supreme court nominees.
    They fear what can happen in four years and plan to slow down, fight , argue and object at each and every opportunity. Their largest fear is the success of President Trump.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I picked up the majority of the firearms that I was wanting earlier in the year. Taurus 92 in stainless would be nice. I have a feeling that the used market will be good. I figure alot of first and second time buyers will dump what they purchased leading up to the election. For now the "scare" is over and I honestly think gun sales will fall off.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I think firearms sales will eventually slow down, but I have seen first hand that liberals are beginning to buy firearms out of the fear of Trump. I never thought I would ever see some of my liberal relatives buy hand guns and even take beginners training. I am hoping that this will have a positive affect on them and possibly turn them towards the conservative side. It can't hurt.

Top Bottom