• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    That is sad. I have 2 Oly's that have performed well for me. I guess there goes my lifetime warrenty. At least it's and AR....which means it's easy to repair and keep running.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I think the small manufacturers will have a rough time hanging on over the next few years. So any guesses who will be next?

I agree. With the Gun sales dept being out of the White House...I think we'll see a major constriction in the AR market. They'll have to adjust their business model to find their niche if they want to stay in business. I am hoping the small mom and pop gun stores can hang on...but I'm sure we'll see many drying up and going away in the next year or 2.

I don't think we can name any particular company. Some of the bigger one's will just quit selling ARs. The smaller one's that specialized in 'special' ARs that looked like every body elses(which there were too many to mention) will just quietly disappear and we'll never notice they're gone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That is sad. I have 2 Oly's that have performed well for me. I guess there goes my lifetime warrenty. At least it's and AR....which means it's easy to repair and keep running.

Common misconception... Its not for the life of the product, but for the life of the company...

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Had a really bad experience with them in 1999-2000.
    Ended up having words with Tom.
    What a piece.
    Sad to see people out of work, but after all I went thru, I won't be crying.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What a piece.

I have owned maybe 2 of their rifles. They were not all that. As with anything it is what you are willing to accept.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Good riddance. From my experience, their AR's were bottom of the barrel quality, yet they weren't the cheapest game in town. Having a sub-par product and a higher price isn't exactly a winning long term strategy. Not saying that they were all bad, but my experiences were enough to push me away. Especially with people like PSA giving you a solid entry level AR for ~$500.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    What a piece.

Stagg got shut down a year or two ago, now Olympic. I always hate to hear of any manufacturing jobs lost. If the top dog is a difficult person AND is involved in customer service, that certainly does not help.

The small custom assemblers come and go, especially an assembly that can be completed by anyone with a big pair of pliers, a hammer and a nail.

On the other side of the coin, there is a limit to any market. Think about it, doesn't everyone who wants one have 5 or 6 by now? It is not like they are consumables. Anything short of outright abuse, they last a long time.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    What LEO stated.....Everyone I know has at least 2. I never had much love for Oly, apparently I wasn't alone. As others have stated, I do hate too see people loose their jobs.

As a company they could have tried to improve their rifles and let everyone know that they were improving their product.

On another note, I did not realize that Stag never re-opened.

Top Bottom