• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Has anyone else reviewed the amendments?

To me it seems they're either superfluous or they're trying to erect barricades to prevent removal of directors.

Currently, I plan on voting 'no', but want to hear others' opinions.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    It's undoubtedly the latter. After the failed attempt to oust Grover Norquist from the NRA board, the NRA is taking steps to protect him(and themselves) from legitimate concerns by making it much harder to recall a board member. I will definitely be voting 'No'.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't even received my Ballot issue yet!

I just got mine on Tuesday.

One of the comments from the Board was, on the lines of, "In the internet age it shouldn't be hard to get this number of members to support...". This was in reference to a recall or something else. However, the amendment required submission of the handwritten signatures, which aren't so internet friendly. :n00b:

That was just one part that triggered my spidey-sense.

It's also interesting that "voter turnout" is about 5%.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Looks like I need to brush up on my NRA history.

To whom you owe your gratitude for saving the right to arms in the USA. One man did this. His name was Harlon Carter.

Without Harlon Carter the NRA would be in Colorado Springs and you would be shooting .22s and single shot guns only if you paid for your Federal Firearm License that would cost you $5,000 a year and it would come with home inspections and insurance. You owe your guns to Harlon Carter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlon_Carter

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I was in love with NRA after their infamous "Jack-booted thugs" letter, which enraged and caused the first bush to renounce his Life NRA membership. Those like him, we neither need, nor want. Since then, I`ve been very, very concerned about, and generally not impressed with NRA. I am a Life-Endowment member, and STRONGLY support Second Amendment rights, EXACTLY as the amendment was written: "Shall NOT be infringed". These days I much prefer Gun Owners of America, and even Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. It would take a LOT for me to ever renounce my NRA membership, but, in my opinion, they`ve lost a lot of the gumption that they once had in defending our gun rights. They`ve become much more of a money raising machine, again, in my opinion.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I am voting NO as well. The Ghost of Harlon Carter compels you!:D

More discussion at Hardy's blog: Of Arms and the Law: NRA bylaw changes

^^^This right here^^^ Consider this a bump for everyone else to vote "No" on the bylaw changes.

Looks like I need to brush up on my NRA history.

:yesway:

To whom you owe your gratitude for saving the right to arms in the USA. One man did this. His name was Harlon Carter.

Without Harlon Carter the NRA would be in Colorado Springs and you would be shooting .22s and single shot guns only if you paid for your Federal Firearm License that would cost you $5,000 a year and it would come with home inspections and insurance. You owe your guns to Harlon Carter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlon_Carter

Whoa! Hold on now. Several other fine gentleman were just as instrumental in making that very important change happen. Harlon Carter was the main face of it and may have been the initial driving force, but Neal Knox, Gene Crum, and others were just as important in getting the job done even if they are virtually unknown today. Gene was also the primary force in getting rid of handgun registration in Indiana.

Top Bottom