• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just a general rant. Has anyone noticed how many gun posts go something like this (This question is just an example I made up) :

Does anyone know where I can pick up a nice AR-10 type rifle in 308 for under $1000?

Irritating answers:

A1: Why 308? You can get an AR type rifle in several better calibers now.

A2: Did you do a search? This has been talked about before.

A3: Why would you get an AR in that caliber? They're too heavy and too expensive. You can two great bolt guns for that price.

A4: Why would you BUY an AR? Build one. You can get the components you want if you build one.

A5: Why go cheap? Just save your money for a while longer and get a LaRue.

A5: Instead of spending money on a new gun, why don't you invest it in training.

A5: You should spend your time shooting the guns you have and less time posting on forums.

Me: Could someone just answer the question?

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    As someone who is fairly inexperienced with gun boards this irritates me a little. You hope for place that is welcoming and helpful but more often than not you get judgment, negativity, and contriarianism.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    As someone who is fairly inexperienced with gun boards this irritates me a little. You hope for place that is welcoming and helpful but more often than not you get judgment, negativity, and contriarianism.

Yup...go ahead guys, pile on, but lots of smart, snarky replies here a lot of time. And Oh, if you don`t belong in the "cool" crowd...

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    Its not just gun message boards it's all of them. I've been posting on several automotive message boards for many years...the same problems exist there too.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    No one from the "cool" crowd has even bothered to reply to this thread. Finally a thread for just us losers.
    You can get the parts from PSA blemishes for like $250, and have a better rifle. :laugh:

**** the cool guys. My Frankengun will be better!

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Just a general rant. Has anyone noticed how many gun posts go something like this (This question is just an example I made up) :

Does anyone know where I can pick up a nice AR-10 type rifle in 308 for under $1000?

Irritating answers:

A3: Why would you get an AR in that caliber? They're too heavy and too expensive. You can two great bolt guns for that price.

A4: Why would you BUY an AR? Build one. You can get the components you want if you build one.

A5: Instead of spending money on a new gun, why don't you invest it in training.

A5: You should spend your time shooting the guns you have and less time posting on forums.

Until (insert favorite company) makes one, you are an uneducated fool to buy one!

I refuse to answer because of your low post count, you are obviously just trying to get your 50!!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Irritating answers:

I learned not to ask these type of questions for your reasons.
    You nailed it in detail. I'm glad I never thought it out like you did.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    On the internet, no one knows you are a dog.

Seriously. Its the anonymity. Folks can spout off any random opinion, with little to no repercussions.

This board is pretty tame. I'm on another board mostly as a lurker, as it can get downright brutal.

Top Bottom