How do you shoot yourself 5 or 6 times IN THE HEAD!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    FA will do it, no problemo. I'm from that area of the world. You'd be surprised what kind of stupidity we can accomplish.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am planning a trip to Panama city beach this summer and while looking up gun ranges I stumbled across this. I don't even see how this is possible.

Man shot in the head at Panama City gun range

There are many ways. Next time you are at an indoor range, get in your lane and look straight up. See all the bullet holes? That's from all the "highly trained gun exspurts" who have been shooting "all meye lie-if" John Wayning the fricking pistol.

Fully automatic or broken sear are most likely or what I would bet on. Next best guess is the obvious one: dude, it's Flori-duh.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    With a .25.

Bang...ouch.
    Bang...ouch.
    Bang...ouch.
    *sigh*
    Bang...ouch.
    Bang...ouch.
    Bang...ouch.
    *heavier sigh*
    Click...click...click....
    *cursing*

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    There was a local case where a guy shot his girlfriend, wounding her through the door. When confronted by the cops he shot himself in the head 3 times with a 9mm. He is blind and pretty messed up but still alive enough to go to prison...

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, I finally managed to give myself a nice nick high and back on the left cheekbone just now shooting El cheapo aluminum case at steel. Unfortunately, the site now makes it too much of PITA for me to upload pix to mess with. Wear those glasses, kids. Eyes and ears.

Edit: that doesn't exactly make sense in context of the OP without me saying "I SORTA shot myself in the head.". Even if it was just a fragment ricochet.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Some years back there was a fellow who imbibed some drugs (meth, IIRC), decided to end it all, and being a carpenter by trade shot himself in the side of the head with his nail gun. Five or six times. When that didn't work he tried the other side. Several more times. Then he fell asleep/passed out, and upon waking up in the morning, had a hella headache. Not remembering anything from the night before but really torqued by the pain, he went to the ER for treatment where they discovered the source(s) of the problem. There was a picture of his head X-ray published, was quite interesting. Nails were about 2 inches long, and there were 10 or 11 of them, yet he was unsuccessful in his attempt. Shot placement is important, even in head shots.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Some years back there was a fellow who imbibed some drugs (meth, IIRC), decided to end it all, and being a carpenter by trade shot himself in the side of the head with his nail gun. Five or six times. When that didn't work he tried the other side. Several more times. Then he fell asleep/passed out, and upon waking up in the morning, had a hella headache. Not remembering anything from the night before but really torqued by the pain, he went to the ER for treatment where they discovered the source(s) of the problem. There was a picture of his head X-ray published, was quite interesting. Nails were about 2 inches long, and there were 10 or 11 of them, yet he was unsuccessful in his attempt. Shot placement is important, even in head shots.

To be fair it sounds like in this guy's case he wasn't aiming at a vital organ

Top Bottom