• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    There is a sticky at the top of the shooting sports sub forum that should point you in the right direction.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Nice, thanks guys. Looks like an expensive new hobby

It's only as expensive as the rules of the CAS competitions you take part in are.
    There's quite a bit of variation, from allowing modern leverguns and jeans and t-shirts, to only vintage guns and period-appropriate attire.
    If you reload and already have your guns, you can bring down the cost quite a bit.
    It would be a lot of fun, but the rigors of life get in the way for now.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Go on the SASS website and check out the classifications and rule book. There are classifications for every taste.

This is a pic of Yours Truly participating in the "Guns of August" midwest regional over in Middletown, Ohio a few years back.

For a gunny this is the most fun that you can have with your clothes on.

100_0644.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Go on the SASS website and check out the classifications and rule book. There are classifications for every taste.

This is a pic of Yours Truly participating in the "Guns of August" midwest regional over in Middletown, Ohio a few years back.

For a gunny this is the most fun that you can have with your clothes on.

View attachment 52826

Glad you're getting to do something that you really love.
    I saw some of your revolver rigs in other threads, and you're doing it with style.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    If you go to a live match, you will be hooked. Just google Indiana Sass clubs, it lists the clubs around the state and their locations. It will also tell you when the dates that they shoot. For the club I shoot at go to paradisepassregulators.com we shoot the first Saturday of the month year round. Visitors are welcome at all matches. If you show up at one of the matches, someone will let you shoot their guns. If you are really interested, go and shoot some of the guns before you buy. That way you can see what you like before making a mistake. If you have questions PM me. Good luck

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Paradise Pass Regulators in Etna Green. Two Bear Arms on site. We shoot the first Saturday of the month, rain or shine. Long range for the buffalo guns, lever guns, pistol and .22 rifles. We can go to 300 yards. Side matches start around 8:30 and main match at 10. Longrange after the awards. Just show up at the gunshop and ask. We'll show you all around, maybe shoot some guns if time allows. Tell them Slim sent you!
    Facebook, webpage, etc. Easy to look up.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    UPDATE The owner of Protec and th Cowboy action club parted ways. There will be no more CAS matches by Brazil. Not sure why but that was from the Owner to a Deputy friend of mine

I hope he doesn't get rid of his little west town. I don't do CAS but I take and use lead through my regular guns. It's actually the big reason I go out there.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I hope he doesn't get rid of his little west town. I don't do CAS but I take and use lead through my regular guns. It's actually the big reason I go out there.

Not sure if it will stay intact. My friend mentioned some set up for room clearing etc for LE and such since that side is primarily for the LE members. If I find out 100% I will pass along.

Top Bottom