• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Straight Shooter Enterprises is having a Gun and Knife Show this weekend, February 4th and 5th, in Columbus.

Bartholomew County Fairgrounds Community Building
    750 West 200 South (Just off Hwy. 11 south of town)

Hours: Saturday 9:00 to 5:00, Sunday 9:00 to 3:00

Admission $6, children 12 and under free.
    Free parking.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Nice, looking forward to attending!

This is going to sound paranoid and naive, is there anything to be mindful of aka should I be worried about BATF or any press at these shows? I've only been to gun shows in California prior, and have never bought a gun at a gun show. Wasn't sure how much stigma there is nationally around the "Gun Show Loophole".

Also, any particular etiquette to consider, and any known scams to watch out for?

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Nice, looking forward to attending!

This is going to sound paranoid and naive, is there anything to be mindful of aka should I be worried about BATF or any press at these shows? I've only been to gun shows in California prior, and have never bought a gun at a gun show. Wasn't sure how much stigma there is nationally around the "Gun Show Loophole".

Also, any particular etiquette to consider, and any known scams to watch out for?

It is polite to ask the person selling from the table, before picking up a gun and handling it. Most gun show sellers are happy to have you handle the guns, because you might fall in love with it!

Most sellers also are willing to negotiate on their prices. It doesn't hurt to make a reasonable offer on something you like. And everyone's idea of a "reasonable" offer is different.

I don't know of any scams you might encounter< and the BATF is something I won't comment on.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    This is one of MANY small shows in relatively gun friendly Indiana. BAFT is not something I would be concerned with...they are not going to be there trying to trap the average law abiding individual. Press should be nonexistent. Expect a friendly atmosphere with like minded people.

I plan to go on Saturday.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Thank you sir, that is exactly what I was picturing -- looking for some cool C&R pieces for the collection I don't see everyday. Imagined it would be a "can i pick her up" and a subsequent negotiation.

It is polite to ask the person selling from the table, before picking up a gun and handling it. Most gun show sellers are happy to have you handle the guns, because you might fall in love with it!

Most sellers also are willing to negotiate on their prices. It doesn't hurt to make a reasonable offer on something you like. And everyone's idea of a "reasonable" offer is different.

I don't know of any scams you might encounter< and the BATF is something I won't comment on.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the insight, I'll also be heading there Saturday

This is one of MANY small shows in relatively gun friendly Indiana. BAFT is not something I would be concerned with...they are not going to be there trying to trap the average law abiding individual. Press should be nonexistent. Expect a friendly atmosphere with like minded people.

I plan to go on Saturday.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Thank you sir, that is exactly what I was picturing -- looking for some cool C&R pieces for the collection I don't see everyday. Imagined it would be a "can i pick her up" and a subsequent negotiation.

mkgr22 is commonly known as Mauser Mike for a reason. Finding C&R's at the gun show is like fishing, you never know what you are going to catch.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    mkgr22 is commonly known as Mauser Mike for a reason. .

Is this the Original Mauser Mike or the New one because down an the Louisville their were rumors that someone was actively negotiating with the original Mauser Mike for the Purchase of his nickname????

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Is this the Original Mauser Mike or the New one because down an the Louisville their were rumors that someone was actively negotiating with the original Mauser Mike for the Purchase of his nickname????
    This is the original in my opinion. He knows his stuff when it comes to mausers. Someone else might just think it's a cool nickname.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN

This is the original in my opinion. He knows his stuff when it comes to mausers. Someone else might just think it's a cool nickname.

Usurpers of the nickname will be sentenced to death by a thousand cuts from a sharpened stripper clip!!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Usurpers of the nickname will be sentenced to death by a thousand cuts from a sharpened stripper clip!!!

See indy, I told you he wouldn't go for Mossberg Mike!

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Went today. Lots of older firearms. One guy had an impressive collection of colt and s&w revolvers. Not many modern firearms. Good way to kill an hour or two.

Top Bottom