• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    If I recall correctly, under GCA 68 as amended, one is disqualified from possessing firearms if one is adjudicated mentally ill. This requires a court making a determination, not a federal agency on some BS criteria. The court record should then be entered in the background check database and not until then. Under the background check rules the individual would then be disqualified. But I suspect Obummer did not know this, or didn't care- he just needed to "do something". All that was necessary was to know and follow existing law, and not make a new class of disqualified persons.

PS the article sucks as it seems to indicate to the uninformed that these individuals are mentally ill and are prohibited persons who now will have the right to bypass background checks. It makes very little reference to the listing in the database.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I know a lot of veterans that refuse to seek help because they don't want to lose their constitutional right to keep and bear arms

very sad that the govt mother ****s our veterans and military! I look for this to finally change under President Trump!

by the way, have you seen this guy?

6795AA68-44F8-4739-BD27-4AE2BAF34A34.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom