• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    This weather is crazy! 55 degrees with a slight breeze and the sun shining allowed me to get out and do some shooting on the first weekend of February. It had been a little while since I had last shot and I was very pleased to say the least. Some of my favorites out of the safe accompanied me. Pic quality is below average at best!

fullsizeoutput_b6_zpsdylcxidl.jpeg

I shot my 6.5 Grendel first and put together my best group ever at 105 yards. Besides a .22 I have never shot a rifle with much success. These were rounds 71-75 through my frankenbuild and I was very happy, considering I'm still rocking a PSA mil-spec trigger.

IMG_2035_zps0f4qvjwt.jpg

My best group with my CZ 75B in .40 using some new loads had a nice cloverleaf. I loaded 165gr xtremes over 5.2 gr Universal. The recoil and accuracy was perfect. I really need to invest in a chronograph before I start loading for my rifle.

Did anyone else get out and take advantage of a beautiful Sunday?

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    This weather is crazy! 55 degrees with a slight breeze and the sun shining allowed me to get out and do some shooting on the first weekend of February. It had been a little while since I had last shot and I was very pleased to say the least. Some of my favorites out of the safe accompanied me. Pic quality is below average at best!

I shot my 6.5 Grendel first and put together my best group ever at 105 yards. Besides a .22 I have never shot a rifle with much success. These were rounds 71-75 through my frankenbuild and I was very happy, considering I'm still rocking a PSA mil-spec trigger.

IMG_2035_zps0f4qvjwt.jpg

My best group with my CZ 75B in .40 using some new loads had a nice cloverleaf. I loaded 165gr xtremes over 5.2 gr Universal. The recoil and accuracy was perfect. I really need to invest in a chronograph before I start loading for my rifle.

Thought about it, but ...nope! Church in the AM and grand-kids and Super Bowl pre-game in the afternoon. Maybe next warm up.:D

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Just came in from zeroing a rifle, that I had changed scopes on. It is a beautiful day!

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    I shot a cowboy action match yesterday at Paradise Pass in Etna Green. Then took my great nephew rabbit hunting today. How could you have a better weekend in February?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

IMG_2035_zps0f4qvjwt.jpg

I like the 1.044 measurement. That's the way I measure.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    It was 14 degrees when I got to Paradise Pass for the CAS shoot Saturday. But that was 15 degrees warmer than the January shoot!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Hoping to get out sometime this week and do some shooting. Looks like were gonna have several 50 degree days coming up but unfortunately a lot of rain too

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I did a little shooting on the farm today with my Sig P220 and Ruger Mark 2. If I did not have to work I would have been out there longer. Tuesday, weather permitting, I might make a trip out to Sand Burr in Rochester.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Wanted to shoot today but working nights and had to get some sleep. Forecast for Tuesday is 60 degrees but possible rain, trying to get a new-to-me rifle scoped and shoot some groups.

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    Did some repairs on my range and ran some rounds in the afternoon. Not the winter they predicted. Sorry for you guys who depend on plowing money and you folks who like to snowmobile. Nice for those of us who heat with wood. But, it aint over yet.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Down here we've had one (barely) dusting and one good cold snap. Way its looking so far we should have a banner year for bugs.

I've had stink bugs show up on a couple of the warmer days we've had this winter. Hate those little buggers. Like you, I got out and did some chores around the yard yesterday. At least I'll have less to do when spring finally arrives! :)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Pruned one fruit tree Saturday. 3 to go. Walked about 3 miles pulling brush. Put about $4000 worth of my personal inventory at the local GS on consignment. Shot on Sunday.

32 yds. New toy.

Top Bottom