• Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    This is just the beginning:

FBI: Background Checks for January Down 500,000 from a Year Ago

Not only are sales of guns going to be falling, but so will be sales of mags and ammo because all the hoarders will be trying to unload their stash.

Call it the ironic Trump effect, that a pro-gun President kills the market. Marginal producers (like Olympic) will go out of business from the bust.

The good news is that it won't be too much longer until $25 bricks are back, and 9mm perhaps at $10/box. Maybe 5.56 will hit $15/50 for brass?

Brass case 5.56 is now what steel case was just last month at the larger online sellers. Each is about a dime a round cheaper than before.

The takeaway here is that we are likely to be coming upon a great time to stock up on mags and ammo.

Keep your eyes peeled for killer deals on used guns, new mags and bulk ammo.

Stock up accordingly. Because the next swing of the pendulum might be more extreme than the last.

JMO

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is just the beginning:

FBI: Background Checks for January Down 500,000 from a Year Ago

Not only are sales of guns going to be falling, but so will be sales of mags and ammo because all the hoarders will be trying to unload their stash.

Call it the ironic Trump effect, that a pro-gun President kills the market. Marginal producers (like Olympic) will go out of business from the bust.

The good news is that it won't be too much longer until $25 bricks are back, and 9mm perhaps at $10/box. Maybe 5.56 will hit $15/50 for brass?

Brass case 5.56 is now what steel case was just last month at the larger online sellers. Each is about a dime a round cheaper than before.

The takeaway here is that we are likely to be coming upon a great time to stock up on mags and ammo.

Keep your eyes peeled for killer deals on used guns, new mags and bulk ammo.

Stock up accordingly. Because the next swing of the pendulum might be more extreme than the last.

JMO

Very true...... if we're still here after 4 years.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    It has been interesting watching everything unfold after the surprise election. I wouldn't doubt one bit that when the left regains power, they will go after guns harder than ever before.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm buying 9mm at roughly $10/box of 50, and have been for a minute. I'm one of the "hoarders" you hate, but haven't wasted my time with .22lr. I am still buying, and will continue to as long as I have disposable cash. I have more than I need, or can use in a years time, but I will still buy. Buying it cheaper does help, but I didn't hoard it all myself, my sister whored half of it!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Very true...... if we're still here after 4 years.

I'll be here. More ammo, mags and guns for me! You, on the other hand, might get eaten by a Great White, salt water croc, stung by a box jellyfish, bitten by a funnel web spider or a tiger snake in Australia... :nailbite:

:stickpoke:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll be here. More ammo, mags and guns for me! You, on the other hand, might get eaten by a Great White, salt water croc, stung by a box jellyfish, bitten by a funnel web spider or a tiger snake in Australia... :nailbite:

:stickpoke:

I hope you can run faster than mutant cockroaches.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People just went out before they thought Hillary was in and bought up everything. So where did all these silencer manufacturers and gun makers do with all of that Bookoo money they got?
    I still don't think Olympic went out over just economic issues. I think they had legal issues.
    Some firearms prices are still too high. I and others won't be extorted. Also every tom dick and Harry started making guns and gun accessories and most produce crap! So idiots that buy crap or the lowest cost item, **** real quality dealers and makers.
    Firearms is big business. It isn't going anywhere. If a company goes out then they have poor business management skills. The firearm industry is stronger than ever.
    People just need to focus on writing and calling their reps in Congress to push all good gun legislation through. Let's force through evenetything we can that restores constitutional rights. Free the oppressed!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ive taken the change as a time to invest and jump into reloading my own ammo. Instead of hoarding 1000's of rounds ready to go I'll be making my own. Dont feel the need to buy, buy, buy now, and that feels good!

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I say, chill out and don't change a thing, but take advantage of reduced demand. This merry go round will come back around again.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm sure not seeing a decrease in the price of older guns, things are still going up, slow but steady.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    Firearms is big business. It isn't going anywhere. If a company goes out then they have poor business management skills. The firearm industry is stronger than ever.

I agree completely with this statement. I have not seen my sales decrease at all, quite the opposite actually. The two areas I have seen fall off in is AR sales and Silencer sales. ARs because many people, both buyers and sellers, stocked up for fear of a Hillary run White House and also because there are so many builders out there at different price points it really just saturates an already saturated the market. Silencers have taken a hit because most of my customers have told me they want to wait to buy because of the HPA legislation. I actually had two cancelled orders this week due to those customers wanting to wait on HPA.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's a tough time to sell non-collectible guns right now. So, the natural thing to do is to buy guns instead, right? There are some really good deals floating around out there. I'm not sure I care a lot as to why the markets fluctuating, but if it brings a previously out of reach gun into reach, I'm happy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Back in the early to mid 80's I lived in some apartments near 46th and Shadeland, and 42nd and Post. I've got mad cockroach-eluding skills! :):

You be better if you had crackhead-eluding skills.... wait, that was the 80s, so I guess it hadn't hit that hard yet.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You be better if you had crackhead-eluding skills.... wait, that was the 80s, so I guess it hadn't hit that hard yet.

Not sure what the drug problem du jour was back then, but I did come home from work one night when I lived at 42nd and Post to find our complex blocked off by crime scene tape and cop cars. Apparently a security guard had gotten stabbed in the parking lot. Had to park in a nearby neighborhood and walk home since they wouldn't let me drive in. Had a stripper that worked at Dick's Harem House living upstairs from me at the ones on Shadeland... :naughty: Gave her a ride to work a few times. You know how hard it is to keep your eyes on the road when your passenger is busy putting on nipple tape??

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Not sure what the drug problem du jour was back then, but I did come home from work one night when I lived at 42nd and Post to find our complex blocked off by crime scene tape and cop cars. Apparently a security guard had gotten stabbed in the parking lot. Had to park in a nearby neighborhood and walk home since they wouldn't let me drive in. Had a stripper that worked at Dick's Harem House living upstairs from me at the ones on Shadeland... :naughty: Gave her a ride to work a few times. You know how hard it is to keep your eyes on the road when your passenger is busy putting on nipple tape??

The struggle is real !?!

Top Bottom