• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankTank83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    My wife and young son were at Moe's southwest grill in Fishers this afternoon with a friend and her young daughter. A man, WM/late 20s-early 30s, walked in with a young woman, and while in the line to order food, had an ND and apparently shot himself in the leg. My wife and her friend did the right thing and immediately grabbed the kids and evacuated the building. Several customers called 911 and police/rescue were on scene in minutes. Understandably, my wife is a little shaken up, especially because the ND occurred within a few feet of my son. Luckily, no bystanders were hurt, but I haven't seen any report of the incident in local media. If anyone has any additional info on what happened, or if you are aware of any media reports, I'd appreciate if you would respond with a link. As a ltch holder, I'm just trying to piece together what happened and hopefully learn how something like this can be avoided in the future :rolleyes:.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Huh, I drove by while all the commotion was going on. Had about five police vehicles there and an ambulance. I was wondering what was going on, I just figured somebody had a dead battery in their Audi.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My wife and young son were at Moe's southwest grill in Fishers this afternoon with a friend and her young daughter. A man, WM/late 20s-early 30s, walked in with a young woman, and while in the line to order food, had an ND and apparently shot himself in the leg. My wife and her friend did the right thing and immediately grabbed the kids and evacuated the building. Several customers called 911 and police/rescue were on scene in minutes. Understandably, my wife is a little shaken up, especially because the ND occurred within a few feet of my son. Luckily, no bystanders were hurt, but I haven't seen any report of the incident in local media. If anyone has any additional info on what happened, or if you are aware of any media reports, I'd appreciate if you would respond with a link. As a ltch holder, I'm just trying to piece together what happened and hopefully learn how something like this can be avoided in the future :rolleyes:.

So glad to hear your wife and son are safe. Now to the other issue here: how the bloody hell do you have a ND in a food line?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    There's a phobia on this forum regarding 5 year olds and their ability to disarm an LTCH holder
    .... do some searches and you'll be up to speed in no time.

Original thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/169733-1-sbpd-officer-maxey.html

I tried to find the original picture but it looks like it's gone. All I found was ATM's signature picture has a piece of it:

lXZKG.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

It's amazing sometimes the news events that never get a peep in the papers or anything. I wouldn't be surprised if you never find any published report. Maybe one of the LEOs on the site will know something at least.

I've read reports about pocket carried guns getting objects in the trigger guard and firing the guns. I've also read about reports of guns that were thought to be properly holstered but part of the holster has failed or become flimsy and gotten trapped inside the trigger guard and when the gun is unintentionally pressed further into the holster, it fired. Guns don't need fingers on triggers to fire.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Original thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/169733-1-sbpd-officer-maxey.html

I tried to find the original picture but it looks like it's gone. All I found was ATM's signature picture has a piece of it:

Don't let their cuteness disarm you, 5-year-old girls are a known menace to be reckoned with. :):

Best caption gets 100 points!

+10 points if you know who the cute 5-year-old girl is.

+10 points if you know who the unlucky OCer is. :D

Go!

IMG_9228.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As a ltch holder, I'm just trying to piece together what happened and hopefully learn how something like this can be avoided in the future :rolleyes:.

1. Guns can go bang without fingers.

2. Crummy gear will cost you.

3. The gun shop commando carry advice of "Eye jist poot in meye pock-eet" is never sound.

Glad your family is ok. Eez gon, eez not safe.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I, for one, am always aware of where all 5 year old girls are in my vicinity. They scare the dickens out of me.
    If I was gonna pocket carry, it would be in an empty pocket with at minimum one of those little trigger guard covers that lash to a belt loop, but more likely an actual pocket holster. I really don't wanna be the guy that shoots myself in the leg in the food line at a restaurant.

Top Bottom