• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Just got into leatherworking recently, decided id try a new holster i felt pretty good about, long story short when i got home the holster was empty and my interarms ppks 380 wasnt there. Ive filed a police report and have retraced my steps all day. How can i ever get over the guilt of losing the gun my father gave me before passed away? Ive never felt so much disappointment in my life. Does anyone ever get their gun back..?

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Curious, were you in an urban or rural environment? Just wondering what kind of activities you were doing that it came out of the holster and you not notice.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I was playing pool with a friend at an apartment complex. Gun never left my holster in public as always, i walked to his apartment to grap a pack of smokes and to the front office to grab a pizza. I cant understand how the gun came out...

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I fell on my bicycle...gun fell out of pouch....discovered when home. Looked all over...gone. Someone turned it in police called me and I got it back. Hang in there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Ill never forgive myself if it doesn't show up soon. Ive officially exhausted everywhere it could be 3 to 4 times. I dont want to have a pitty party, But i feel like the least responsible gun owner on the planet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just got into leatherworking recently, decided id try a new holster i felt pretty good about, long story short when i got home the holster was empty and my interarms ppks 380 wasnt there. Ive filed a police report and have retraced my steps all day. How can i ever get over the guilt of losing the gun my father gave me before passed away? Ive never felt so much disappointment in my life. Does anyone ever get their gun back..?

Not if some skilled douche bag lifts it from your non-retention holster.
    Not knocking you in the least. I know this totally sucks for you.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I encountered a total of 7 people, and narrowed the time frame down to two hours. And i remember clearly everything that happend within those two hours. And still cant understand.. the only realistic thing that couldve happened is it got swipe. I wouldve realized if it fell out and hit the floor. I wouldve realized if my seat belt caught a hold on it. I know my buddy didnt take it. And i dont feel like i gave anyone else a oppertunity. But I guess it happened

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I encountered a total of 7 people, and narrowed the time frame down to two hours. And i remember clearly everything that happend within those two hours. And still cant understand.. the only realistic thing that couldve happened is it got swipe. I wouldve realized if it fell out and hit the floor. I wouldve realized if my seat belt caught a hold on it. I know my buddy didnt take it. And i dont feel like i gave anyone else a oppertunity. But I guess it happened
    How were you carrying it? Open or concealed? Did you provide the serial number to the appropriate agency?

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    I know it's obvious, but did you check your vehicle really well? All around the seat?
    How about the sofa or recliner that you sat on? It could have slipped in between the cushions or the back.

Hope you get it back.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Serial number has been reported. I looked in every realistic place as well as unrealistic. Gun was carried iwb at about 4 o'clock. Still no word. Is it safe to drop my serial number here?

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    Good luck to you and don't beat yourself up. Bad happened but you are dealing with the problem properly and speedily. You didn't dither but reported it to leo fast. Good move - shows responsibility.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I know it's not the same, but a few months ago I lost a magazine for one of my pistols. I looked everywhere for days and no luck. Just yesterday, I opened my truck door and there it was.....laying on the passenger seat. Just check and check your vehicle again and again....use a flashlight and look in the crevices.....hopefully it will turn up.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Thanks for all the kind words, at this point i am waiting for the police to call me. Otherwise its in a thiefs pocket and ill never see it again. Obviously i will continue searching regardless. Probably call all the pawn shops and such. If it doesnt turn up soon ill have to seek out a replacement as my walther had recently became my main ccw.. i should have known better than to use an heirloom as an edc piece. Lesson learned.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Hopefully you can locate your firearm. When I carry my gun I can feel it there plus my pants fit tighter and if I take the holster out my pants will fall down so it's hard to imagine your gun just falling out. If it did I would imagine you would've heard it hit the ground.

Top Bottom