• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    So, I got the stamp on my SBR, but had to get caliber and model engraved to finish it off.
    The handguard/Forearm covered the barrel stamp (7.5" Barrel) and I added a model # on my application not realizing that it was not required for 80% lowers...
    In any event, LT6 does not exist.

Veritas did the original lasering, and I colorfilled it. Hoping to save time, I took it to Indy Laser Engraving to have them add the final touch... I may not have to colorfill this!
    DSCN4095_zpspunjezmw.jpg

I also had them engrave another lower while I happened to be in the neighborhood...
    Top notch stuff... as if you hadn't heard it all before. This is a deep engraving, but he then goes back for a second set of passes to smooth out the engraving, which makes it appear 'silvery'. So this engraving is smoother along the bottom surface than the previous (but that was just atf req. text, so I didn't care much). Because of this 'polishing' you'll notice the engraving is light colored in comparison to the previous (not lasered) engraved serial # below it.
    DSCN4094_zpspjdfkuie.jpg

All in all, super happy camper right here.
    Wendall is a great guy, super chatty! +1

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I will likely colorfill the bottom one (like the top).
    He smooths out the engraving (even when deep) which then polishes up the aluminum and makes it appear brighter (2nd photo vs the 1st). Of course, they can always be colorfilled. Because the first photo turned out so dark (no smoothing) I wil not need to color fill it black. But if he polished it for smooth, I would need to colorfill it. Screw the atf, I ain't polishing it for them. :)

In the first photo, I had colorfilled the lower logo long ago. The new laser engraving (deep with no smoothing) appeared black. I was not concerned with smoothing.
    In the second photo, he deep engraved, but then polished the finished surface, and because so, it appears lighter in color. in coparison to the existing engraved serial # below. I can still colorfill.

Note: The box has nothing to do with the engraving. It was a fix to a previous engraving attempt. hence the serial number

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Looks great. Are you going to post the other side? Wendall is a great guy and as you said loves to chat.
    Dan

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    So I am a bit confused, but then again I have not finished my first cup of coffee yet this morning, and the brain is still a bit foggy.

Which part was done by Veritas and which part by Indy Laser Engraving.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The Cal. & Model was added by Indy Laser Engraving, to the bronze lower (which Veritas had done all the other marks).
    I added the black lower to get logos engraved on the magwells also by Wendall.

Veritas does outstanding work, but being so close to finishing this sbr, I didn't want to ship up to MI and wait for the Cal & Model to be added. Wendall was a much faster option for me.

Top Bottom