• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    The GSSF Match is coming to Eagle Creek Pistol Range June 21 - 22, 2008. I need volunteers to help set up on the 20th, and to help run the stages 21-22.

For every 4 hour block of time you donate, you get a raffle ticket for one of 2 Glocks to be given away. You can also earn an extra 2 tickets for setting up (1) and tearing down(1).

You'll also get a GSSF t-shirt & hat, and a Glock freebie (mag or knife or holster or....).

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I can't commit yet, but it might be fun to come help with an event like this. When do you need firm answers by at the latest?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I can't commit yet, but it might be fun to come help with an event like this. When do you need firm answers by at the latest?

This. I'm moving closer to the area next month, and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to be there at 8 am. How many people typically show up to an event like this?

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I'm really tempted as I was thinking of coming down and shooting at the match, but with Shay's class the weekend before it might be a bit of a stretch. I'll have to check to see if I can manage two weekends away. I'd love to get the behind the scenes view of a GSSF match.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'd like to help out. I'll know if I can as we get closer to the event. Looking forward to meeting you at our class Tom!

I'm really tempted as I was thinking of coming down and shooting at the match, but with Shay's class the weekend before it might be a bit of a stretch. I'll have to check to see if I can manage two weekends away. I'd love to get the behind the scenes view of a GSSF match.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Normally we run close to 300 shooters through the course of the weekend. We have competitors from as far as Florida.

There are 8 stages set up, like to have 4 people per stage to run it smoothly, so that's at least 32 people minimum to keep the flow. The more, the merrier (as has been said).

This. I'm moving closer to the area next month, and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to be there at 8 am. How many people typically show up to an event like this?

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I have 0 experience with GSSF matches, or any other competition of this kind... But I'd be interested in getting involved and volunteering... Is experience required?

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Steve, I can be there saturday morning, for at least 4 hours,maybe more,depending. And 4 hour minimum on Sunday. What time would you like me there on Saturday?? Early shift, as I'm an early riser.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I will be moving to the area(about 2 miles away) in a week or so. I have a zoo day planned for the 21st, but the 22nd I am free.

What time do you need us to show up and when will it end for the day?

So I will plan to show up at 0730 on sunday and can stay all day.

My zoo day runs 1000 to 1400. I should be able to get back to Eagle Creek by 1530. So if any help is needed from 1530 to the end let me know.

Thanks,
    James

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm another no experiance guy, but I definately would like the experiance. Always willing to learn something new. Guess I'll have to wait til closer to the day before I know if I CAN but I'm definately not scheduling anything for that weekend!

Top Bottom