• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anybody has a recommendation for a Optomitrist who is familar with the needs of someone involed in shooting sports in the Indianapolis area? Would be nice if he/she was involed in shooting sports themselves..they would know what the issues are without having to explain to some who isn't. Thanks

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    I have dealt with Dr. John Shackle on the East side. It's called Doctor's Family Eye Care at 7773 E.Washington st. It's actually on the way to Popguns. He's a shooter himself and understands. I tried to get glasses for sight picture and target (downrange) and he just kinda smiled and said he'd like those also. He's a nice guy and I reccomend him, depending on your location.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I went to Sear's in Kokomo about two months ago when they had a $99.00 sell on eyeglasses, explained to the lady what I wanted (only the reading part of my bi-focals) not the distance part. Picked them up in about 10 days and been shooting happily ever after.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    All I know is what I got from that same pdf, and from the Wildcat Rifle/Pistol Club's website (what little they say about it is on the Highpower page) Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club

I think it's free (I'm pretty sure I read that, but it may have been on the notice posted for the clinic that was cancelled). Registration? I take it that you don't need to register...but I don't know that.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    On a similar note, I'd like to find a pair of safety glasses that actually fit correctly over my eyeglasses.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    All I know is what I got from that same pdf, and from the Wildcat Rifle/Pistol Club's website (what little they say about it is on the Highpower page) Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club

I think it's free (I'm pretty sure I read that, but it may have been on the notice posted for the clinic that was cancelled). Registration? I take it that you don't need to register...but I don't know that.

Thanks for getting back, I'll definately be there.

Bob

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    :thumbsup:

This, was more than worth the time, gas and money, WOW!

I am definately seeing Dr. McManis to get my shooting glasses straightened out.

Many Thanks to Wildcat Valley for having this gentleman in, and allowing non-members to attend, this was well worth t

Bob

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I agree. It didn't take long once there, but it showed me what someone could do who understands a shooter's vision requirements.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    For those of us who wear bifocals (trifocals for me now), ask if they'll do "Double D" lenses. I know Wal-Mart will. It is basically a bifocal at the top of the lens, so you can keep your head down. Electricians use Double D's a lot from what I've been told.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've heard of those. I think machinists use them too. In fact, I think I've heard them called "machinist's glasses" or "diemaker's glasses" or something like that.

I will be making an appointment with Dr McMannis, so I will try to remember to ask about them.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    For those of us who wear bifocals (trifocals for me now), ask if they'll do "Double D" lenses. I know Wal-Mart will. It is basically a bifocal at the top of the lens, so you can keep your head down. Electricians use Double D's a lot from what I've been told.

I'm seeing Dr. McManis next week, I'll check on that, reference what Steve mentioned, a couple of our pilots have glasses set up like that, anything will be better than what I have now.

Big thanks again to Mr. Dave Schnelle and Wildcat Valley for bringing this to a public forum, cannot thank them enough.

Bob

Top Bottom