• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    So after thinking for a while about these polygamists that live in that compound together and those psycho church people who run the "God hates fags" site and protest soldiers funerals, I was wondering, what if a large group of 2nd Amendment supporters lived in our own compound? We'd have the large razor wire fences and such, maybe even guard towers. It'd make SHTF a lot easier since we'd already be together and I'd love to see the Govt try to enforce a gun ban on us. All together we'd probably have enough food stored to last a while. So just for fun, let's brainstorm here. :D

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    There would be no way in this world that the government would allow such a thing. It would definitely be considered a terrorist training camp. The people would be terrified, especially if the community was located anywhere near them. Now, it may be different if you don't actually put up a wall surrounding the area. Allow visitors to come and go as they please, etc. Then it may be different. As you know, people are terrified of the unknown. What they don't know, scares the living daylights out of them. The problem today is that people aren't being properly educated about guns. Government is telling them they need to fear guns. I better quit or I'm going to get on my soapbox.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Can I have a shed?

Of course you can... *pats Scutter on the head*

Seriously.. set it up as a non-for-profit corporation. Everything would be tax-free. Granted, we would have to be able to set up for the following:
    • General/Hardware Store
    • Bank
    • Physician
    • Gymnasium
    • Golf Course?
    • Shooting ranges for Long Range, Short range and IDPA/ISPSA
    • Long term Cold Storage
    • Enough space for Homes for Board Members and their families.
    That's just for basic function. We can add land and other things later. We can do it... it just takes a lot of money. Anyone know any rich people?

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I fought with the HOA once regarding a tree. Found out where they lived and talked to them personally. They tend to get very compliant when faced personally. They used to hold meetings, but didnt invite anyone, so only the few could have a say in our community. That changed after some "coercing". I made them an offer they cant refuse (Luca Brazzo held a gun to their head and...). Just kidding, but I did talk to them and now have a nice japanese maple in the front yard.

If built I would like to add:
    -Solarium
    -Pool room
    -Conservatory (music)

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    No way in hell will I ever belong to a group that will tell me what I can and cannot put on my own property.

Back on topic, I see what you mean about the walls and such. The gated community would be nice though. I just want to be surrounded by the people who share the same values I do. Who I know will be able to aid me if something happened.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    How about puzzles like in Myst or Resident Evil. Gotta get those medallions! Seriously! I would love to live in a place like the mansion from RE, sans the zombies, WITH HANDGUN BULLETS EVERYWHERE!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    No way in hell will I ever belong to a group that will tell me what I can and cannot put on my own property.

Back on topic, I see what you mean about the walls and such. The gated community would be nice though. I just want to be surrounded by the people who share the same values I do. Who I know will be able to aid me if something happened.
    Seems to me that what you want is exactly what you say you would never belong to.

I live in a 155 acre private neighborhood several miles outside of any city or town. 29 houses. There are land covenants that restrict minimum house size, # of out buildings, size of out buildings, etc. There are clauses that restrict certain types of things but shooting is permitted.

Seems to me that is what you are looking for, perhaps with a wall around it, and perhaps much larger. But you say you don't want people to tell you what you can do, but you expect to tell others what they can do (because you want "similarly minded" people living there). So all you are saying is you want to live in a restricted community, but it would be a restricted community of shooters.

I specifically chose to buy into my restricted community for a couple of simple reasons, one of which is that it prevents my property values from declining by restricting mobil homes, modular construction, etc. Out in the rural areas, which is the only place you will find vast tracts of acreage, and the only place where you will find shooting permitted in your own back yard, there are serious problems with resale value of homes because of the LACK OF zoning regulations. That makes it attractive for "housing associations" to spring up to protect values of property. Your proposal is simply to have an association to protect shooters. Mine does that. Some associations are overly restrictive and dictate house colors, designs, floorplans, and even the size & types of trees. Mine has broad guidelines but does not get into details. I think that is the type of association you are looking for. Still, I can't put a "metal pole barn" up on my property but I can shoot on the 32 acre field that is my back yard.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Seems to me that what you want is exactly what you say you would never belong to.

I live in a 155 acre private neighborhood several miles outside of any city or town. 29 houses. There are land covenants that restrict minimum house size, # of out buildings, size of out buildings, etc. There are clauses that restrict certain types of things but shooting is permitted.

Seems to me that is what you are looking for, perhaps with a wall around it, and perhaps much larger. But you say you don't want people to tell you what you can do, but you expect to tell others what they can do (because you want "similarly minded" people living there). So all you are saying is you want to live in a restricted community, but it would be a restricted community of shooters.

I specifically chose to buy into my restricted community for a couple of simple reasons, one of which is that it prevents my property values from declining by restricting mobil homes, modular construction, etc. Out in the rural areas, which is the only place you will find vast tracts of acreage, and the only place where you will find shooting permitted in your own back yard, there are serious problems with resale value of homes because of the LACK OF zoning regulations. That makes it attractive for "housing associations" to spring up to protect values of property. Your proposal is simply to have an association to protect shooters. Mine does that. Some associations are overly restrictive and dictate house colors, designs, floorplans, and even the size & types of trees. Mine has broad guidelines but does not get into details. I think that is the type of association you are looking for. Still, I can't put a "metal pole barn" up on my property but I can shoot on the 32 acre field that is my back yard.
    You make some valid points sir.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom