• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I've been thinking about the requirements to start up an indoor range in Indianapolis/Marion County. I haven't done much research yet, but just wondering if anyone knows the regs/zoning and such. No sales just shooting Handgun calibers.

Mr. Mysterious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Expense wise your largest expenses would be insurance and ongoing issues with ventilation system.

Every year or so you would probably have to replace your backstop material.

If you shoot rifles in your range you'll probably need more expensive material for your backup.

Then again with brass as expensive as it is now you will make a good amount of money off of your spent cases.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    FWIW - I was reading some years back about a back-stop system that uses shreded car tires and water flow (I think). :dunno:

I would LOVE to have a alternative to Cop-Guns .... errr.... I mean "Pop-Guns"!! ;)

Like the others have mentioned, I bet the insurance will be a killer!!! :n00b:

Good luck at any rate!!! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    IMHO
    I think it would be impractical to have just a shooting range alone. you would have to combine it with some retail. Obviously gun or gun related sales.
    The range alone at say $15.00 an hour per station and 10 stations. 10 hours a day if you had someone in all 10 stations every hour you were open that's only $150.00 per day per station or $1500.00 per day. Times 10 for 10 stations times 26 for 6 days a week equals $39,000.00. Considering you won't have someone in there but maybe 50 -60% subtract salaries insurance, matinance and rent on the building that doesn't leave much room for profit.
    Aquiring and converting a building would be biggest expense.

Top Bottom