• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    In the world of firearms ownership and enthusiasm, what's your area of the most interest? Everyone has their niche of what really appeals to them. Just for grins, what area is that for you? Also, list where you are now, and where you would ultimately like to be in respect to that niche. I'll start...I love NFA firearms. I love all NFA firearms and my ultimate is to own at least one of each type of NFA firearm. Right now I've conquered the SBR, Suppressor and Machinegun. I'm trying to find the right Any Other Weapon and Destructive Device to round-out the collection.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I'm pretty much a pistol shooter. I do a little shotgun and rifle, but own neither at this point.

I'm also very interested in 2nd Amendment rights. Well all rights actually. I really annoys the hell outta me when politicians try to take them away. This isn't the USSR dammit!

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I mainly enjoy pistols, with the semi's as main interest. I have done a bit of skeet shooting before(still have 90 clays left) and am really interested in smithing and such. I really want to attend a glock amoury school

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I mainly like to view things throught the reticle of a sniper scope. But since places to shoot long range are hard to find so I am doing alot more pistol shooting. Plus wanting to learn gunsmithing

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I used to be a pistol man, but one of my older friends turned me on to rifle shooting. Love the reactive targets. Ain't nothing quite like watching a milk jug full of water explode at 100 yards with a medium caliber or popping water balloons blown up with air to about 3 inches and stapled down at 50 yards with a .22 rifle. Keeps it fun for the kids (and the bigggest kid of all, me!)

I also love stripping the firearm down when I'm cleaning it and getting to see how all the inner mechanisims work together.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I used to be a pistol man, but one of my older friends turned me on to rifle shooting. Love the reactive targets. Ain't nothing quite like watching a milk jug full of water explode at 100 yards with a medium caliber or popping water balloons blown up with air to about 3 inches and stapled down at 50 yards with a .22 rifle. Keeps it fun for the kids (and the bigggest kid of all, me!)

I also love stripping the firearm down when I'm cleaning it and getting to see how all the inner mechanisims work together.

you'd love one of the .22Lr's I own for stuff like that, I think its a full blown target .22 very nice for eliminating the pigeons when they become a pain in the butt

what kind of 22 do you use for plinking?

Cactus Jack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Huntington
    I'm a shotgun man at heart, busting clay, ducks and geese. I shoot a lot of rile and pistol as well, I also shoot in SASS. Right now I have 2) 12 ga sxs 1) 12ga semi-auto 1) 12 ga pump and 1) 10ga pump, some day i would like to have one of every gage, I will be getting a AR with the check Uncle Sam is sending just cause who knows who is going to be the POTUS

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    you'd love one of the .22Lr's I own for stuff like that, I think its a full blown target .22 very nice for eliminating the pigeons when they become a pain in the butt

what kind of 22 do you use for plinking?

A Ruger 10/22 with a cheap Simmons 3-9/40 scope on it. Sometimes I pull out the old Marlin 25N bolt action if I am getting to introduce someone new to the shooting sports.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    I enjoy giving other women and kids their first experiences with shooting and firearms safety. Love to target shoot and though I don't get to do it as much as I would like, trap is one of my favorite things to do.

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    Pistols for the most part. I would be more interested in rifles if there was a more convenient place to shoot then around here where I live. - Indy

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I wouldn't call it my specialty but there is no other firearm I would rather shoot or tinker with than the 1911.

Don't care much for rifles or shotguns though I have a Remington 11-87 for home defense and know how to use it.

My interest is in competition, USPSA to be exact. Taking classes from the GM's are part of my plan now and in the future.

Don't worry too much about "tactical training".

Top Bottom