• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    ...Sort of. The board voted tonight to allow certain pistol caliber rifles to be fired at Marion County Fish and Game. The motion was carried, and the new rule should appear in the rules book and on the website within the next couple days. The calibers that are now allowed are:

.38 special, .357 magnum, .44 special and .44 magnum. That's all. Period. No more. Nada. None. Done.

What I hoped would turn into "the aye's have it" turned into "a few of the aye's have it"...:wtf:

I guess those 9mm's, widely regarded as the most powerful pistol rounds in the world, will have to sit on the back burner for now. :stickpoke:

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Basically, the powers-that-be voted to allow the calibers listed because they are legal for deer in Indiana (except .38 & .44 spl). The big point of contention was that they wanted to allow hunters to sight-in their new deer rifles. One idea that was tabled was to only allow those calibers during deer season. That was a not-so-good idea. Another idea thrown out was that they were not allowed to be 'recreationally' fired, but only to sight in. That flopped too. Part of the new rule that I forgot to mention is that they may only be fired from a bench rest and at paper targets. For some reason, they think that firing at steel with any PCR will cause copious ricochets:dunno:

Bigcraig-no, each caliber was not voted on. They trustee with the 'swing' vote refused to allow any caliber that's commonly chambered in a semi-auto. What he foresaw was someone wildly spraying lead all over the range and sending dozens of rounds into speedway as they ricocheted off steel plates. :bash:

Jontheturboguy- :lmfao:

Soundslikejosh-FNS can *AND WILL* still be able to shoot pcr's in other calibers. However, since you asked, that was brought up too. A certain trustee (board member) wanted to outlaw that exception. For whatever reason, he seems to think that pcrs fired at steel will cause lots of ricochets. :wtf: At the first inception of FNS, a vote was asked of the board members to allow the pcr class to be fired during the event. It was voted to be allowable. The particular board member who doesn't like that ruling did not attend that particular meeting.

Shooter521- I've been tinkering in my mind with that .38 conversion all night. All I've gotta figure out is the mag block/mag issue and the bolt, and the chamber, but other than that I'm rockin and rollin:rockwoot:

Last edited:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Lots of trimming here. This thread was requested to be removed outright.

Above is effectively a notice from the range as to some new rules. If you like it, good, if not, get elected and do something about it. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom