Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    You can buy any long gun in Illinois as an Indiana resident. Handguns must be transferred to an Indiana FFL. My main FFL is in Illinois, I've never had a waiting period either.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffeycom View Post
    Will it still be a good deal after shipping + transfer fees?

$1,100 not including that, so yeah I think it would still be a good deal.
    Also comes with a $250 light/laser foregrip until Friday.
    I wouldn't be bothering with buying this in IL if it weren't such a good deal.

I'm going to call him tomorrow morning to talk a little more about finding out for sure.

You can buy a long gun at an FFL in IL as an IN resident. I know you don't need an FOID.

ETA:
    Any resident of Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin or Kentucky, or a non-resident with a valid non-resident hunting license, who is 18 years of age or older and who is not prohibited by the laws of Illinois, the state of his domicile, or the United States from obtaining, possessing or using a firearm, may purchase or obtain a rifle, shotgun or ammunition for a rifle or shotgun in Illinois. A non-resident who qualifies to possess a firearm under one of the above-listed exceptions may also purchase ammunition.
    and also

Any seller is required to withhold delivery of any handgun for 72 hours, and of any rifle or shotgun for 24 hours, after the buyer and seller reach an agreement to purchase a firearm. The waiting period does not apply to a buyer who is a dealer, law enforcement officer, or a nonresident at a gun show recognized by the Illinois Department of State Police.
    So it looks like you need to wait the 24hrs to pick it up, but it is completely legal to do so.
    Last edited by NateIU10; 02-24-2010 at 00:08.

Sharpshooter
    Mega Sports in Plainfield IL told me last week (As an Indiana Resident) I could purchase a long gun, wait 24 hours, pick it up and drive home.

For a handgun, they would have to ship it to an Indiana FFL.
    Second Amendment - Now more than ever!!!

Thanks for the help guys. I probably could have *technically* bought it, waited, and walked out with it, but to make everything easier I am just having him ship it to an FFL in Lafayette.

He's ordering it today.
    Yes, I am completely stoked!!!

To the originial poster, what local shop did you see this at? I buy all my firearms from Pelchers Shooting Supply in Lansing. I know when I buy my handguns from there Larry (the owner who I am friends with) has them transfered to Debs Gun Range in Hammond. I even filled my paperwork out at Debs, just purchased at Pelchers. Haven't purchased a long gun from them yet, but will find out in a week or so haha. Hope this gives you some idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Glock23 View Post
    To the originial poster, what local shop did you see this at? I buy all my firearms from Pelchers Shooting Supply in Lansing. I know when I buy my handguns from there Larry (the owner who I am friends with) has them transfered to Debs Gun Range in Hammond. I even filled my paperwork out at Debs, just purchased at Pelchers. Haven't purchased a long gun from them yet, but will find out in a week or so haha. Hope this gives you some idea.

@Z-Glock23

There is an INGO NWI group (see link below) that may be on interest to you. We do quaterly meet & greets and are organizing some range group activities as well for 2010.
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

Sharpshooter
    I think Fed law says us Hoosiers can buy a long gun in KY, IL, MI, and OH and walk right out. Cockamamie state laws and uninformed dealers may say otherwise.
    Too old to fight. Knees won't let me run.
    Good reasons to carry.

Expert
    for that kind of a deal, GIVE UP A LINK TO THE SHOP ALREADY!! do him a favor, and let him sell some volume!

Quote Originally Posted by figley View Post
    for that kind of a deal, GIVE UP A LINK TO THE SHOP ALREADY!! do him a favor, and let him sell some volume!
    No kidding, for that price, I just hope its in the Champaign area...I don't want to drive forever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast