Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Tyranny

Obama's Tyranny

Radley Balko (with a link to Glenn Greenwald) takes a look at Obama's latest invocation of "state secrets" as he order the assassinations of multiple people, at least one of whom is an American citizen. No due process, no recourse. Just a presidential order and a stamp of "state secrets". He could do the same to anyone, anywhere using the "national security" reasoning.

Tyranny | The Agitator
    KYFHO

Sharpshooter
    It isn't the first time it's been done.

Cool! I'm sure this is exactly what the Republicans had in mind when they ushered in the new Security State. So exciting to see how things turn out when the power changes hands.
    Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. -- H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by mrjarrell View Post
    Radley Balko (with a link to Glenn Greenwald) takes a look at Obama's latest invocation of "state secrets" as he order the assassinations of multiple people, at least one of whom is an American citizen. No due process, no recourse. Just a presidential order and a stamp of "state secrets". He could do the same to anyone, anywhere using the "national security" reasoning.

Tyranny | The Agitator
    I'm kinda torn on this. No, I'm not. This is not a guy who cheated on his taxes. This is not a guy who shoplifted. This is not a guy who stole his neighbor's goat. This isn't a guy who killed the poolboy Pablo the Thong Rider in a jealous fit of rage. No, this is a grade A dirtbag terrorist plotting to kill Americans and cause mayhem in this country and abroad.

First, while I'm not normally a fan of Wikipedia, here's the guy's terrorist resume: Anwar al-Awlaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's a dual citizen who shows no allegience to the US. The only reason he wants to be a US citizen now is because he hears the Predator drone flying overhead in the secret undisclosed craphole he's staying in while plotting his next terror attack on the US.

As long as he's not on American soil, I say fry him. You don't get to plot terrorist attacks against real Americans then hide behind the American citizenship you so easily spit on. If this guy wants the protection afforded him in US courts, he can turn himself in to the nearest American embassy. Otherwise, screw him.

If the government loses this case it will open the floodgates for terrorist recruiting of American citizens.

While I'm normally a fan or Radley Balko he got this one wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The funny thing is the way they have the self congratulatory circle jerk whenever one of them says something they regard as clever.

Allah u Fubar

Shooter
    He's ordered the killing of terrorists.

Good for him, I'm surprised he's had the backbone to do so. Election season seems to have motivated him to at least pretend to want to protect this nation.

Sorry... I just can't find it within myself to sympathize with terrorists and others who have declared war on this nation.

ATM
    Obama's a tranny?

http://www.appleseedusa.org/

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    Obama's a tranny?
    That explains a lot.
    Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. -- H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    That explains a lot.
    Like Michelle.

Expert
    Sorry... I just can't find it within myself to sympathize with terrorists and others who have declared war on this nation.
    It's not about having sympathy for terrorists.

It is about having respect for the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Once you give government this power to violate the freedoms (up to an including assassination) of anyone they declare a terrorist, you just might be surprised who gets labelled a "terrorist." We've already had a homeland security director declare that TEA Party supporters and gun owners are "domestic terrorist threats." That could be you and me and everyone else on INGO, buddy.

The Soviet Union did the same thing in Stalin's day. If you got the label of "Enemy of the People," all kinds of things could happen to you. And, just by coincidence, anyone Stalin didn't like was an "Enemy of the People." Nobody had to be proven to be an enemy of the people, there was no way to fight this charge or appeal it. Once you're on that list, you're a dead man - or in a Gulag, which was worse.

I guess what you're saying is that you trust Obama and his cronies to determine who might be a "terrorist threat," and anyone on that list has no rights. Personally, I don't trust the man (or any government official) to that extent.

It is scary to see that you have so much faith in The Obama, that you're willing to give him arbitrary powers of life and death over every American citizen.
    Watch this web video TODAY: http://www.iousathemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by antsi View Post
    It's not about having sympathy for terrorists.

It is about having respect for the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Once you give government this power to violate the freedoms (up to an including assassination) of anyone they declare a terrorist, you just might be surprised who gets labelled a "terrorist." We've already had a homeland security director declare that TEA Party supporters and gun owners are "domestic terrorist threats." That could be you and me and everyone else on INGO, buddy.

The Soviet Union did the same thing in Stalin's day. If you got the label of "Enemy of the People," all kinds of things could happen to you. And, just by coincidence, anyone Stalin didn't like was an "Enemy of the People." Nobody had to be proven to be an enemy of the people, there was no way to fight this charge or appeal it. Once you're on that list, you're a dead man - or in a Gulag, which was worse.

I guess what you're saying is that you trust Obama and his cronies to determine who might be a "terrorist threat," and anyone on that list has no rights. Personally, I don't trust the man (or any government official) to that extent.

It is scary to see that you have so much faith in The Obama, that you're willing to give him arbitrary powers of life and death over every American citizen.
    Yes, respect for the Constitution. The President is also granted the power of Commander in Chief in the Constitution. We are at war with an enemy. Al-Wakof or whatever his name is has declared Jihad (war for those of you playing the home version of the game) on the US. The President has an OBLIGATION under the Constitution to protect this country from ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with killing your enemy in war. It's kinda one of the rules. It's been like that for like 14,000 years.

If he surrenders or shows up on American soil, then he should not be killed. Otherwise, $25 and a case of beer to the CIA agent or member of our military that pops him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The funny thing is the way they have the self congratulatory circle jerk whenever one of them says something they regard as clever.

Allah u Fubar

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast