Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Penalty for violating "Oath of Office"

Hi guys and girls;

I would like to know if there is a penalty for violating the oath of office concerning the "Constitutional Oath of Office" in particular? My guess is that there is not, otherwise there wouldn't be so many politicians doing it. I think I would like to see a very stiff penalty for doing so, say "The death penalty", no no that would never get passed I guess. How about 10 years confinement in a Federal prison or something like that or maybe deportation to the country of choice? I don't know what would be appropreiate or acceptable to the masses but something needs to be done before we loose the "Constitution" altogether. I'm getting sick and tired of politicians getting voted in, taking the "Oath of Office" and then turn right around and violate that very oath. What say ye?

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
    If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. (Rom12:18)

I was discussing this earlier this week.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...stitution.html

There is no punishment for violating your oath and breaking the constitution. Many of the laws on the books right now encourage LEOs to break the constitution/oath. So the system is looking pretty hopeless.
    In Soviet Amerika, the Law violates YOU

Exile, death by hanging, or forced to be actual servants, available for hire at 10 cents an hour.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty...

Oh goody, I get to recycle my reply to the other thread:

It never ceases to amaze me that some call themselves "libertarians," and go about with "liberty" on their lips, but these threads reveal the lust for a reign of terror that lurks in their hearts. "Committees of Public Safety" masquerading as "juries" conducting political purges whenever the winds of public opinion change. Draconian punishments being meted without regard for actual malice for doing one's job in good faith, lawful acts that tomorrow a kangaroo court decides is "unconstitutional." Star chambers, arbitrary and ex post facto decisions of law, cruel and unusual punishments administered, all in the supposed "defense of the Constitution." Lord, save us from our self-appointed saviors.
    Barack Obama: In your heart you know he's nuts.

"Of all the offspring of Time, Error is the most ancient, and is so old and familiar an acquaintance, that Truth, when discovered, comes upon most of us like an intruder, and meets the intruder's welcome." (Mackay, 1841)

THE KING LIVES AGAIN! jbombelli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarmelHP View Post
    Oh goody, I get to recycle my reply to the other thread:

It never ceases to amaze me that some call themselves "libertarians," and go about with "liberty" on their lips, but these threads reveal the lust for a reign of terror that lurks in their hearts. "Committees of Public Safety" masquerading as "juries" conducting political purges whenever the winds of public opinion change. Draconian punishments being meted without regard for actual malice for doing one's job in good faith, lawful acts that tomorrow a kangaroo court decides is "unconstitutional." Star chambers, arbitrary and ex post facto decisions of law, cruel and unusual punishments administered, all in the supposed "defense of the Constitution." Lord, save us from our self-appointed saviors.
    You know what never ceases to amaze ME? The number of people that come along, with the words "freedom" and "liberty" on their lips, but have no problem letting the government step on those freedoms and liberties with impunity, under the guise of "good faith".
    The price of freedom is blood. The moment we are no longer willing to pay that price, we are no longer free.

The problem we all have is that the Supremes have decided what the Constitution means, in typically lawyerly fashion for all these years. The Judicial Branch has colluded in twisting our legal system and constitutional freedoms completely out of recognition. When I was a temporary technician with the Guard, part of in-processing was taking a class on the Constitution. When I brought up the 2nd Amendment, all the HR guy could say (literally- all he was allowed to say) was that the Supreme Court decides what the Constitution means.

You guys who are convinced that all cops are jack-booted thugs based on internet stories and news articles are just as wrong in thinking that cops are a symbol of government oppression as others of us in believing that they do a good job. Oppressive cops aren't a symbol of the busted system, they are a symptom of it. They've got their own rules (general orders) that prescribe how they're supposed to conduct business; rules that are dictated by the government appointed leaders that YOU elected.

Until you educate a majority of the population to believe in individual freedom and responsibility for long enough to elect leaders who will stop the trend toward tyranny, you can expect more of the same. But I guess b*itching about it all the time helps you blow off steam.
    "When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." Robert A. Heinlein

Carmel, I'm going to respond to you in my other thread.
    In Soviet Amerika, the Law violates YOU

Quote Originally Posted by jbombelli View Post
    You know what never ceases to amaze ME? The number of people that come along, with the words "freedom" and "liberty" on their lips, but have no problem letting the government step on those freedoms and liberties with impunity, under the guise of "good faith".
    So, instead, we'll turn things over to non-government bloodthirsty goons, having "non-government" goons rule makes it feel so much better. Let's see, do I want the 3000 tyrants 1 mile away, or the 1 tyrant 3000 miles away?
    Barack Obama: In your heart you know he's nuts.

"Of all the offspring of Time, Error is the most ancient, and is so old and familiar an acquaintance, that Truth, when discovered, comes upon most of us like an intruder, and meets the intruder's welcome." (Mackay, 1841)

Quote Originally Posted by jbombelli View Post
    Who is "letting" them do anything? What are you proposing? Because these fantasy intellectual freshmen dorm beer and pizza conversations aren't doing anything.

You can work within the system or you can work at destroying it and creating a new system. I don't think the second one is viable at the moment, personally.

Disclaimer: By "destroying" I'm not advocating anything forbidden by the board rules.

THE KING LIVES AGAIN! jbombelli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarmelHP View Post
    So, instead, we'll turn things over to non-government bloodthirsty goons, having "non-government" goons rule makes it feel so much better. Let's see, do I want the 3000 tyrants 1 mile away, or the 1 tyrant 3000 miles away?
    First off I never suggested any sort of non-governmental goon squad solution. Second, distance makes no difference when that one tyrant can pick up a phone and have his agents kicking in your door within hours anywhere in this country.
    The price of freedom is blood. The moment we are no longer willing to pay that price, we are no longer free.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast