Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Being a very media intense nation we enjoy "watching" items in news. I can say that if you wish to watch the last 12 years of Bush's mistakes and Obama's failures unfold (and where we are headed economically) there is a very well edited and profound viseo on Youtube called: "Overdose-the next financial crises."

I am a student of economics and history and can tell you that this is total truth. No one has even come close to this video in explaining the truth to the American people. You can make your own decisions as to whether our present economic malaise was and is plain ignorance or a perpetrated downturn. This video is right on the mark. It explains it in very real terms.

Quote Originally Posted by rambone ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=1395801#post1395801" rel="nofollow">View Post
    We MUST lose the mentality that criticizing Bush means you like Obama, and criticizing Obama means you like Bush.
    We also must lose the mentality that any third party candidate is going to be president any time before all of us here are dust. It's a nice try to just make Bush and Obama seem the same to bolster fringe candidates in the future. A large part of Bush's spending was on a just war, defending liberty. I'm not interested in putting a price tag on that. Secondly, social conservatism is far more important than fiscal conservatism. It's big perk if a politician/candidate is fiscally conservative but spending more money than I would like them too is quite forgivable if they align with me on social issue.

Regarding Ron Paul, he will never ever be president. Voting for him or anyone like him is a waste of a vote and makes you just as responsible for Obama's brand of liberals winning elections as people who actually voted for the liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBeerman ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=1396573#post1396573" rel="nofollow">View Post
    Folks while this is amusing, I think we're missing the bigger point of it all.

People can biotch about Bush all they want, the first six years of his presidency spending was not that bad.

The last two years of Bush's term and the first 19 months of Obama has been a Democratic controlled Congress.

Bush couldn't stop them, and Obama only enabled them and encouraged them to spend it like there was no tomorrow.

Point at congress first with Bush, then point at Obama and Congress secondly.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by kingnereli ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=1396578#post1396578" rel="nofollow">View Post
    I'm not interested in putting a price tag on that. Secondly, social conservatism is far more important than fiscal conservatism. It's big perk if a politician/candidate is fiscally conservative but spending more money than I would like them too is quite forgivable if they align with me on social issue.
    Will you forgive them when the country goes bankrupt and balkanizes? What social issues do you view as more important than preventing hyperinflation?

Quote Originally Posted by rambone ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=1388387#post1388387" rel="nofollow">View Post
    Bush was no fiscal conservative, although he attempted to call himself one. Now our current big-spenders in Washington continue to paint Bush's brand of statism in the same way, in order to demonize all laissez-faire capitalism. In reality they are following all the same fiscal policies. Obama is Bush's 3rd term.

Campaign For Liberty - 'W.' was no fiscal conservative
    Obama is Caters second term
    "A free people ought to be armed. George Washington

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyBeerman ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=1396573#post1396573" rel="nofollow">View Post
    Folks while this is amusing, I think we're missing the bigger point of it all.

People can biotch about Bush all they want, the first six years of his presidency spending was not that bad.

The last two years of Bush's term and the first 19 months of Obama has been a Democratic controlled Congress.

Bush couldn't stop them, and Obama only enabled them and encouraged them to spend it like there was no tomorrow.

Point at congress first with Bush, then point at Obama and Congress secondly.
    You're mistaken in this. Bush, like any president had the ultimate power to rein in spending and chose not to. That makes him complicit in the entire affair. You're deliberately leaving out the fact that he deliberately chose not to exercise a veto. Why? Because he approved of the spending that went on. He approved of TARP and all the other budget busting spending and even imposed a health care boondoggle on us that will cost this country trillions. Your view doesn't wash against the truth of the matter.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by right winger ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=1396764#post1396764" rel="nofollow">View Post
    Obama is Caters second term
    And Bush's 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by rambone ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=1396760#post1396760" rel="nofollow">View Post
    Will you forgive them when the country goes bankrupt and balkanizes? What social issues do you view as more important than preventing hyperinflation?
    A rather large number of them. Too many to list but I'll give you a few. Religious freedom, pro-life, anti-gay marriage, keeping drugs illegal and more. Basically, if the only two choices for this country were rich and immoral or poor and moral I would choose the latter.

The Clintons started the health care BS. You can't Veto everything if you want the funding for the military passed. There is a lot more bargaining that goes on in this than meets the eye.
    DIPLOMACY - The art of saying "Nice Doggy" until your sniper finds the range.

Quote Originally Posted by kingnereli ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=1396785#post1396785" rel="nofollow">View Post
    A rather large number of them. Too many to list but I'll give you a few. Religious freedom, pro-life, anti-gay marriage, keeping drugs illegal and more. Basically, if the only two choices for this country were rich and immoral or poor and moral I would choose the latter.
    You must be quite pleased with the state of the country then.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast