• ...and so much more!
  • Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Three things went wrong here .
    One . That AAron Awtry is charged with a crime .
    Two . That the round he fired only hit the thugs arm .
    Three . That more citizens in the room were not armed and opened fire .

Poker Raid Turns to Gunfight | The Agitator

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR_ZMtXr1gM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Texas Close 'Em by Drew Carey and Reason.tv[/ame]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    This is BS. What the Police did is akin to Breaking and entering, and thus the Home owner ought be charged with a crime.

You come stomping in, breaking down my doors, be happy if all that happens is a shot in the arm; Shoot first, ask questions later when protection of my family.

My curiosity is brewing over why in the effing world a Swat team is being called on a poker game; Which is hardly worth the risk of life, busting down doors, scaring the owner.

NO CHARGES FOR ARRON! Down with the red coats.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is why I've become a liberatarian. I oppose gay marriage but if I can tell a gay person what he can or can't do in his bedroom, he can tell me I can't gamble in my living room.

The fact that no supervisors, politicians or cops involved in this raid didn't say "wait a minute, this is totally unnecessary" shows where our country is at.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    Attempted murder for shooting an intruder knocking your door? THe cop is lucky that he didn't kill him, serving BS warrants weren't there real criminals out there.
    I used to bartend at a highstakes poker games and at least 1 or 2 of the people had guns on the table b/c they were afraid of being robbed. Whats next hitting bingo halls, maybe the pull tabs at the county fair?

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    I know a 72 year old man hosting poker is a hge treat to the safety of that neighbor hood. I hear he was coaxing in the kids and swindling their lunch $...Cop is lucky to be alive. I agree with the above statement "Come to come in my house w/o an announcement you will be on the wrong side of a barrel.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It wasn't that long ago that nearly the same thing happened here in Indianapolis.

A few folks were in a guy's garage playing cards and hanging out.

Mope busts in side garage door, holds up a gun, and attempts to rob folks in garage.

Off-duty MCSD officer (in civvies), playing cards, draws his duty weapon. Hilarity ensures.

Dead mope results.

-J-

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've been berated for stating on here that I will open fire on ANYONE who kicks in my door, so I won't go there;), but, as stated above, it's a sad commentary on the state of our society when 1) this happens at all. 2) Nobody in a position of authority stands up and calls bull****! It's only going to get worse.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I think its important to look at incentives to understand the behavior of the law enforcers in situations like this. Catching thieves, car theft, or solving a murder is hard work. Work that doesn't result in funding. In an hour at one of these invasions, you can round up some drugs, gambling, and guns all in one fell swoop. If the agency uses as stat based aresst system like New York, they just padded those stats. Now they can turn these stats over to the state and feds and justify future funding.

This occurred at the same time as the "illegal barber" swat style raids in Florida. Easy, low hanging fruit.

These swat heroes are going to get themselves killed if they continually insist on using these resources in manners that clearly aren't appropriate. What is the justification for the breaking and entering? Were they going to flush the poker chips down the toilet?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What's the SWAT team doing firing through the door without identifying their targets? Incoming gunfire tells them that their "surprise" raid had already been compromised, so why not retreat and surround the building without risking killing an innocent child that could have been in the room? Time is on the cops side, why escalate the situation when so many other options are available?
    I'm not down on cops and I appreciate what they go through, but something seems amiss here.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    those cops just HAD to do it. its their job, and they are protecting the people :rolleyes:

good thing they busted through the VFW instead of some vet groups that cater to a younger crowd, or they would have been the things getting carried out instead of TV's. this crap makes me sick. and then police wonder why everyone hates them. hmmmmmm, let me see.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    What I get out of this is: They didn't send them a letter or have somebody stop by and say "hey you need to stop this". That would have prevented them being able to raid them and steal their flat screen TV's, money, and all other things "related to poker". I mean, if you have several options as to how to do a job you might as well pick the option that allows you to take a bunch of money right?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    What I get out of this is: They didn't send them a letter or have somebody stop by and say "hey you need to stop this". That would have prevented them being able to raid them and steal their flat screen TV's, money, and all other things "related to poker". I mean, if you have several options as to how to do a job you might as well pick the option that allows you to take a bunch of money right?

they just werent giving the cops a big enough cut im sure. and you are exactly right .... the police STOLE from veterans. how dispicable.

and that BS about a neighbor calling in all concerned about gambling ....... :laugh:, who actualy believes that LIE??? someone needs to give the dallas cops a big box of horse poo for christmas.

cops lie to us all the time, but they say they dont wanna be lied to. well too bad. i dont care if i have an M60 in my trunk, im lying boys.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I completely agree to shooting @ anyone breaking into my house. Someone should have sent a notice to stop the poker games or face criminal charges. Even a single officer nocking on the door to deliver said letter would have been sufficient.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    It is in Texas. This type of raid is really common in Dallas. This just happens to be the first time someone shot at the thugs.

Not bothering anyone else-check
    Not infringing on anyone elses rights-check

Sounds like the government is just angry because they're not getting their cut of the money :dunno:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    What is the justification for the breaking and entering? Were they going to flush the poker chips down the toilet?

The justification was mentioned in the clip. The cops took $6800 and a flat screen TV.

How does that action differ from the outcome had the intruders been without badges?

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    It is in Texas. This type of raid is really common in Dallas. This just happens to be the first time someone shot at the thugs.

Are the stories getting mixed? The video is about a Chartiy event in Dallas, Texas. They said it's only illegal if the house gets a cut.
    The article is about a home shooting was in Greenville,South Carolina.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    theres some more of those law abiding officers that uphold the constitution we keep hearing about. good thing they took an oath and stand by it. makes me feel safer knowing that gang oops i mean police took care of those dangerous criminals. raising money for charity what kind of law abiding american would do that? must have been a bunch of hooligans.

Top Bottom