SWAT invades innocent man's home - Burns it down with a flashbang - Father killed

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A father of 4 was killed in his own home when he was wrongfully targeted by SWAT soldiers in a horribly botched search warrant. They flashbanged his living room, setting it on fire. The man was asleep at the time and never made it out alive.

The victim was not even an official suspect in the crime they were investigating.

"They said (Serrato) was not a suspect. They were just going there to execute a search warrant — not even to arrest anybody," Haddad said. "They had no information that he had any guns."

Greenfield raid action captured in images

Investigators try to determine what went wrong in death of misidentified man

Family sues over Greenfield flash-bang fatality

How can anyone be a fan of this kind of Paramilitary-style Law Enforcement? Why are they dressed like soldiers? What the hell is that thing parked in the guy's front yard? Can we all admit that this is ridiculous overkill? What is it going to take to wake up our public servants? Are we still in denial of our budding Police State? Is it fun to play with all these cool toys that are used on enemies in the battlefield? :n00b:

Here's a picture of the troops. Err, police.
    20110108__a1.swatteam.0108%7E1_GALLERY.jpg

Inside the man's home.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here is an interview with former Reagan official, Paul Craig Roberts, about the incident.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B_qMuXH21Q]YouTube - Police brutality increasing in the United States of America[/ame]

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Who will be held accountable for this bull****?

So when they sent the flashbang in and the fire started, did they just look at each other and say "well hell, I'm not going in to save him, there's a fire in there.":n00b:

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Who will be held accountable for this bull****?

So when they sent the flashbang in and the fire started, did they just look at each other and say "well hell, I'm not going in to save him, there's a fire in there.":n00b:

No one. That is a lot of the problem. No accountability:noway:

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Miller said last week that Serrato was an associate of Alejandro Gonzalez, described by police as the "lone suspect" in the shootings. Both men were named in a police affidavit filed for the search warrant, Miller said. But Haddad said Serrato was not an associate of Gonzalez.

I have quite a few people that I associate with, does that give any judge the authority to have a warrant executed to search my residence when one of those "acquaintances" is suspect in a crime? WTF is going on in this country. Not to mention, those SWAT have better equipment than I have had in combat.

Now, I know that since the deceased was meth intoxicated according to the coroners report, there are numerous people that will claim that he was a criminal due to that, totally denying that each individual in this Nation has Constitutional Rights, one of which is a trial by a jury of peers.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Seriously though, did they just send a flashbang in and watch the house burn down? Why in the hell didn't they go in after the bang(or did they go in, see a fire by Serrato and run back out)?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The victim was not even an official suspect in the crime they were investigating.
    Greenfield raid action captured in images

Investigators try to determine what went wrong in death of misidentified man

Family sues over Greenfield flash-bang fatality

"They said (Serrato) was not a suspect. They were just going there to execute a search warrant — not even to arrest anybody," Haddad said.

I didn't see your quoted part in the articles you listed, in fact one of them said they planned to arrest him during the search. He had two outstanding warrants.

You also said he was sleeping, again I didn't see that listed. What I read was he was hiding from the cops when they came, a lady from the house came out and said there was no one there. And the autopsy said he was high on meth. While I don't do meth I know a person or two that does, and I guarantee they won't be sleeping on it.

I won't argue that this raid was very very badly conducted IMO, they sent in a friggin 20 man armored swat team to question him and to arrest him for 2 friggin misdemeanors?

But at least get it right.

Here is an interview with former Reagan official, Paul Craig Roberts, about the incident.

YouTube - Police brutality increasing in the United States of America

This guy seems to be a dumbass.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "They said (Serrato) was not a suspect. They were just going there to execute a search warrant — not even to arrest anybody," Haddad said. "They had no information that he had any guns."
    I didn't see your quoted part in the articles you listed,
    15th paragraph.

Family sues over Greenfield flash-bang fatality - MontereyHerald.com :

You also said he was sleeping, again I didn't see that listed. What I read was he was hiding from the cops when they came, a lady from the house came out and said there was no one there.

I read that he was found dead in his bedroom. I assumed. Sorry. Doesn't really matter.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    send the cops to jail!

I'll agree to this, after a trial of course.

I have quite a few people that I associate with, does that give any judge the authority to have a warrant executed to search my residence when one of those "acquaintances" is suspect in a crime?

Now, I know that since the deceased was meth intoxicated according to the coroners report, there are numerous people that will claim that he was a criminal due to that, totally denying that each individual in this Nation has Constitutional Rights, one of which is a trial by a jury of peers.

First paragraph, yes maybe. If your a known associate of a meth cooker who happens to show up at his house on a regular intervals ie about the same time he was done cooking. Yes that might be a reason for a judge to issue a warrant. This doesn't seem to be the case in this instance.

Nope not for me, a criminal is afforded his rights same as a innocent person. I'd rather a 100 guilty men go free than one innocent man go to jail.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    15th paragraph.

Family sues over Greenfield flash-bang fatality - MontereyHerald.com :

I read that he was found dead in his bedroom. I assumed. Sorry. Doesn't really matter.

That was from the estates lawyer, the police state they were going to arrest him on two warrants. I'm guessing that he was talking about the attempted murder charges.

And IMO it matters, with him intentionally hiding and sending someone out to lie and say there was no one in the house. Should lower the charges for the officers down from reckless to accidental homicide. They should still be charged but charge them with what is right. If I was on a jury I couldn't find them guilty of reckless, but from what I've read accidental is a very good possibility.

But then again with the delay in calling the ambulance, it might go the other way. If they believed that no one was in there why not call the paramedics right away, if they believed no one was there. Just to be on the safe side.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    There is a reason why you should separate military and the police.
    One fights the enemy of the State.
    The other serves to protect the people.
    When the military becomes both.
    Then the enemies of the State tend to become the people.

Commander William Adama

{ played by : Edward J. Olmos }
    Battlestar Galactica { the series 2005 }
    Episode 102 : " Water "
    Writer : Ronald D Moore

adama-400x536.jpg

T_V

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Does anyone remember or did you see the original footage from WACO?
    That tank came out of the building and I swear that it had a flame thrower in the turret!

Top Bottom