Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 253
  1. #161
    Expert 00BlasterResto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Way up North
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMike View Post
    We are a nation of LAWS!!!!
    Not personal opinions!!!
    Someones opinion of the validity of a law does NOT negate the fact that it's the law.
    If I didn't agree with the law prohibiting dueling would it be OK for me to disregard it and engage in duels?
    After all, it doesn't hurt anyone but the participants in the duel.
    Hell, it's a victimless crime!!
    My opinion is that this law and other similar commie laws make me sick!
    If the american people really stuck to "We are a nation of laws, not personal opinions" then alcohol would still be against the law. Not that long ago it was also demonized. IMHO alcohol is a much more dangerous drug, it is also alot less natural.
    Yes I obey the law, I do find it very stupid though.
    I also think that the government makes it very hard for the citizenry to stand up for what they think is right.

  2. #162
    Grandmaster mrjarrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hamilton County
    Posts
    15,409
    Quote Originally Posted by dross View Post
    BTW, I get tired of seeing the phrase "rule of law" misused all the time. It doesn't mean that laws must be made and enforced, it means that we have rule of law, rather than the rule of men.
    Ditto, but I'm not so sure that we're a nation of laws any more. I'm pretty sure we're a nation ruled by men with no respect for adherence to the rule of the highest law of the land. That time has passed us by, long ago.
    KYFHO

  3. #163
    Master Fargo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by lashicoN View Post
    Any place where a criminal knowns has some cash, they are going to hit up, which is why I agree with you that you should try to keep your kids away from your illegal doings, it attracts all the slime balls, even the ones who work for the government.
    Ditto


    Second, you didn't address my rebuttal to your three reasons and that was disappointing. It's sort of like trying to convince a wall of something.
    Oh, you mean the idea that bad things don't happen to home drug dealers, that just because you have a kid you should be immune to incarceration, and that the threat of imprisonment doesn't deter crime? And I'm the one its like talking to a wall to?


    Third, I mean no disrespect, but now you've changed your story in red, so I don't believe you. I just want you to understand where I'm coming from.
    I didn't change my story, the kid was a 15 yr old guy who took a 45 to the skull over a 10 dollar discrepancy in a weed buy in one of the donut counties. The guy who shot him, also a kid, is in juvie.

    Don't belive me, click the damn link.

    Franklin Teen Shot Over $10 Drug Deal - fox59.com



    We live in a society where up until recently our female and black citizens couldn't legally vote. We were very fond of owning humans and forcing them to work on our land. We live in a society that supposedly has the absolute right, given to us by God, laid out clearly in our founding documents, to keep and bear arms, yet up until very recently it was against the law to carry a self-defense handgun in your car...and it's still illegal in some states.
    And this has to do with dealing drugs with your kids around how?

    The United States is the best damn country on this Earth. I love it, literally, to death. But we have strayed far from our intended path and have very much room for improvement in our Liberty department. You'll have to forgive me if I don't respect every law that bans something in the United States. We have a bill working (enough to pass) to ban home gardens. **** bans. I say LIVE FREE OR DIE.
    Here is my problem. There are rational logical arguments which are fairly compelling that pot should be decriminalized. A majority of people I know, including quite a few LEO's support decriminalizing it.

    However, it has not been decriminalized and I doubt it will be anytime in the near future. This is because folks like Lashicon and Rambone can't be bothered to stick to advocating for legalizing it on rational grounds; they have to go out and claim that its cool to deal drugs with your kids around. "True Believers" can't figure out that intentionally involving your kids in the drug trade might be a problem for most decent folks.

    The rest of society sees this and says "Damn, that not what I signed up for" and so Pot will remain criminal because the fringe manages to make sure that anyone who supports decriminalization is lumped in with those who are fine with child neglect and endangerment. Then again, I know at least one and probably both of you were recently on here arguing that you have a right not to treat your sick kids so I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that you think it is no biggie to have them along for drug deals.

    Today Rambone and Lashicon have done more to convince me that weed should remain illegal than all of the diehard opponents of decriminalization put together that I have ever met.

    Congrats guys.

    Joe
    Last edited by Fargo; 02-26-2011 at 21:20.

  4. #164
    Expert lashicoN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    However, it has not been decriminalized and I doubt it will be anytime in the near future. This is because folks like Lashicon and Rambone can't be bothered to stick to advocating for legalizing it on rational grounds; they have to go out and claim that its cool to deal drugs with your kids around. "True Believers" can't figure out that intentionally involving your kids in the drug trade might be a problem for most decent folks.

    Today Rambone and Lashicon have done more to convince me that weed should remain illegal than all of the diehard opponents of decriminalization put together that I have ever met.

    Congrats guys.

    Joe
    Oh, I didn't know we were playing the "put words into each others mouths" game. In that case everyone, Fargo thinks every child who has a mother who sells flowers should grow up without a mother. Hmm, that's fun.

    I don't care if you want to relinquish your own rights as a free person. I won't lose any sleep over the fact that you want your government to keep certain plants illegal FROM YOU. It doesn't affect how I exercise my rights as a free person at all. Have fun in the dark ages with your countless banishments and decrees.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty...

  5. #165
    Expert IncendiaryGunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    Ditto


    Oh, you mean the idea that bad things don't happen to home drug dealers, that just because you have a kid you should be immune to incarceration, and that the threat of imprisonment doesn't deter crime? And I'm the one its like talking to a wall to?


    I didn't change my story, the kid was a 15 yr old guy who took a 45 to the skull over a 10 dollar discrepancy in a weed buy in one of the donut counties. The guy who shot him, also a kid, is in juvie.

    Don't belive me, click the damn link.

    Franklin Teen Shot Over $10 Drug Deal - fox59.com



    And this has to do with dealing drugs with your kids around how?

    Here is my problem. There are rational logical arguments which are fairly compelling that pot should be decriminalized. A majority of people I know, including quite a few LEO's support decriminalizing it.

    However, it has not been decriminalized and I doubt it will be anytime in the near future. This is because folks like Lashicon and Rambone can't be bothered to stick to advocating for legalizing it on rational grounds; they have to go out and claim that its cool to deal drugs with your kids around. "True Believers" can't figure out that intentionally involving your kids in the drug trade might be a problem for most decent folks.

    The rest of society sees this and says "Damn, that not what I signed up for" and so Pot will remain criminal because the fringe manages to make sure that anyone who supports decriminalization is lumped in with those who are fine with child neglect and endangerment. Then again, I know at least one and probably both of you were recently on here arguing that you have a right not to treat your sick kids so I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that you think it is no biggie to have them along for drug deals.

    Today Rambone and Lashicon have done more to convince me that weed should remain illegal than all of the diehard opponents of decriminalization put together that I have ever met.

    Congrats guys.

    Joe
    The idea that those who argue for decriminalize somehow makes it worse to decriminalize is a fairly bogus idea, is it not?

    If we stuck to the same argument regarding alcohol during prohibition, it would still be illegal. Those gangster organizations both created and funded by alcohol prohibition would still be in business.

    So, if you really think about it, those that have the most to gain from the criminalization of marijuana... are drug dealers themselves. Not this lady with her few plants, but the large organizations that do this like a corporation - they exist, they are out there, and we are not cracking down on them like we are this lady. I do not think we don't try to - but rather we have failed on that front.

    Major drug cartels don't want us to legalize marijuana... because that is their bread and butter. By knowing this, and keeping marijuana's status illegal, we are directly funding these organizations.

    Why are you standing on the side of drug cartels?

  6. #166
    Shooter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Posts
    4,932
    Did you know that bird seed will often contain cannabis seeds? you will even find it growing under feeders from time to time......be careful or feeding the birds could lead to cultivation charges.....

  7. #167
    Grandmaster public servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mars Hill, IN vacation capital of the world
    Posts
    8,069
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleJockey View Post
    Did you know that bird seed will often contain cannabis seeds? you will even find it growing under feeders from time to time......be careful or feeding the birds could lead to cultivation charges.....
    This would explain why after the raccoons got into the bird feed, they got into the...



    ACAB

  8. #168
    Master Fargo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by lashicoN View Post
    Oh, I didn't know we were playing the "put words into each others mouths" game. In that case everyone, Fargo thinks every child who has a mother who sells flowers should grow up without a mother. Hmm, that's fun.

    I don't care if you want to relinquish your own rights as a free person. I won't lose any sleep over the fact that you want your government to keep certain plants illegal FROM YOU. It doesn't affect how I exercise my rights as a free person at all. Have fun in the dark ages with your countless banishments and decrees.
    Once again I defy you to point to where I have ever said that marijuana should be illegal...You've molested the poop out of that strawman but done little else.

    If you really can't see the difference between legalizing weed and dealing illegal drugs with your kids you are either an idiot or intellectually dishonest. I've grown tired of being trolled.

    Joe

  9. #169
    Marksman Osobuco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    528
    Is the sentence harsh - maybe. Consider this however, say she sold to a kid and started them down the road to addiction to more serious drugs (meth, coke, etc) What is the downstream costs to taxpayers, etc due to those addictions. Now most kids who smoke weed likely do not go on to hard drugs BUT most hard drug users started out with weed.

    The woman is a criminal. Just like an illegal alien. She broke the law and was convicted just as she should be. Was the sentencing extreme - maybe - but if she obeyed the bloody law she wold be at home with her kids now and certainly setting a better example than raising a bunch of future dealers...

  10. #170
    Expert IncendiaryGunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Osobuco View Post
    Is the sentence harsh - maybe. Consider this however, say she sold to a kid and started them down the road to addiction to more serious drugs (meth, coke, etc) What is the downstream costs to taxpayers, etc due to those addictions. Now most kids who smoke weed likely do not go on to hard drugs BUT most hard drug users started out with weed.

    The woman is a criminal. Just like an illegal alien. She broke the law and was convicted just as she should be. Was the sentencing extreme - maybe - but if she obeyed the bloody law she wold be at home with her kids now and certainly setting a better example than raising a bunch of future dealers...
    Actually, most start out with cigarettes, followed by alcohol.

    I was surprised to look through all the objective data that points to marijuana not being a gateway drug.

    Here is an article about a twelve year study on the topic:
    Study says marijuana no gateway drug | Science Blog

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •