• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In America, the government is so big and unrestrained that it has the power to "ban" plants that grow straight out of the ground.

An Oklahoman mom of 4, Patricia Spottedcrow, tried to sell $31 worth of plants, and now she will spend the next TEN YEARS in prison.

How $31 of pot gave mom a 10-year-prison sentence

gallery_photo

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I do love when police get the dealers off the streets. Shame they have to put them in jail where it takes tax dollars to keep them there.

Keep the good news coming rambone.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    im not even gonna read this story. but the fact that we put ANYONE in jail for marijuanna is one of the stupidest things in this country. I am confident our future citizens will look back in about 50 years and wonder what the **** we were thinking doing it and how we thought it was constitutional!

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I do love when police get the dealers off the streets. Shame they have to put them in jail where it takes tax dollars to keep them there.

Keep the good news coming rambone.

You'd make Richard Nixon awfully proud. :yesway:

I truly feel pitty for someone who gets enjoyment from hearing of a fellow American thrown in jail for 10 years over a natural plant that our government has banned. You're going to have to answer for that twisted joy some day. And so will the officers and lawmakers responsible for the evil they have perpetuated throughout the world. It's just a plant, pawn, open up your eyes.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hmmm........

Break Law.
    Get caught.
    Go to jail.

Sounds about right.

What part of OBEY THE LAW don't you understand??

:laugh:

But she thought she was only going to get probation.

Whether or not it should be illegal doesn't matter. It is illegal, she knew it was illegal, she didn't want to take a plea, she got her sentence.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Hmmm........

Break Law.
    Get caught.
    Go to jail.

Sounds about right.

What part of OBEY THE LAW don't you understand??

:laugh:

It's becoming a regular Tory convention over here.

"On Dec. 31, 2009, Spottedcrow and her mother, Delita Starr, 50, sold a “dime bag” of marijuana to a police informant at Starr's home in Kingfisher, court records state."

"Two weeks later, the same informant returned and bought $20 of marijuana from Spottedcrow."

The undercover officer purchased an illegal plant. It is illegal to purchase marijuana and the officer purchased it. Why isn't he going to jail along with her? Why are police officer allowed to break the law to catch non-violent government labeled "criminals"? Can anyone make sense of how it is legal for officer to purchase drugs or solicit prostitution? Both of those things are illegal, and according to Mike, they should go to jail for it. For once, I agree.

Mike, I too, wish that our government would OBEY THE LAW laid out in our Constitution.

Take a look at this comment -

"So at the cost of $30,000/year per inmate we are going to spend $300,000 of taxpayer money over the next 10 years to incarcerate her for selling $31 worth of marijuana."

I can't tell if some around here are just blind fools or if they honestly hate freedom this much.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the current prison, police, and court system is set up to be a cash cow at the expense of citizens. some guilty, some innocent. But theres no debating that the real motivator of our entire justice system is money and not justice.

why does the justice department jump when the president says jump? I thought they were supposed to be independent of him? but instead they are his political and policy lap dogs. cops can be bought, look at the department of justice!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    i wish everyone would start breaking this stupid law, then they would be forced to repeal it.
    We are a nation of LAWS!!!!
    Not personal opinions!!!
    Someones opinion of the validity of a law does NOT negate the fact that it's the law.
    If I didn't agree with the law prohibiting dueling would it be OK for me to disregard it and engage in duels?
    After all, it doesn't hurt anyone but the participants in the duel.
    Hell, it's a victimless crime!! :D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Not personal opinions!!!
    Someones opinion of the validity of a law does NOT negate the fact that it's the law.
    If I didn't agree with the law prohibiting dueling would it be OK for me to disregard it and engage in duels?

i wish we had duels still. it would be pure win. :D

well there have been courts that agree with my opinion and courts who havent. it will eventually be legalized but they are gonna stretch it for all its worth $$ first.

which founding father told us that if a law is so wrong you must disobey it? (something to that effect)

I agree with that! and im not a criminal. no record at all.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    It's becoming a regular Tory convention over here.

"On Dec. 31, 2009, Spottedcrow and her mother, Delita Starr, 50, sold a “dime bag” of marijuana to a police informant at Starr's home in Kingfisher, court records state."

"Two weeks later, the same informant returned and bought $20 of marijuana from Spottedcrow."

The undercover officer purchased an illegal plant. It is illegal to purchase marijuana and the officer purchased it. Why isn't he going to jail along with her? Why are police officer allowed to break the law to catch non-violent government labeled "criminals"? Can anyone make sense of how it is legal for officer to purchase drugs or solicit prostitution? Both of those things are illegal, and according to Mike, they should go to jail for it. For once, I agree.

Mike, I too, wish that our government would OBEY THE LAW laid out in our Constitution.

Take a look at this comment -

"So at the cost of $30,000/year per inmate we are going to spend $300,000 of taxpayer money over the next 10 years to incarcerate her for selling $31 worth of marijuana."

I can't tell if some around here are just blind fools or if they honestly hate freedom this much.
    It's not freedom that's in question here.
    It's adherence to the rules set forth by the elected Government.
    As I've said before.
    If you don't like it here.
    Leave.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    i wish we had duels still. it would be pure win. :D

well there have been courts that agree with my opinion and courts who havent. it will eventually be legalized but they are gonna stretch it for all its worth $$ first.
    THAT is true.
    There's far too much money being made to make is legal right now.
    But until it is made legal.
    It's illegal, and the violators are subject to the penalties set forth by Law.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I like how we are getting beyond the point of even trying to rationalize why laws like this exist. All we have to know is that this is how the bureaucrats want us to behave in their socially-engineered society, and now we must all go around doing our little slave dance, arrest our neighbors, and break up families in order to please the control-freaks who spend our money and plan our lives for us.

Its illegal because its illegal... No pity for lawbreakers... Laws don't have to make sense for me to want to enforce them...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    THAT is true.
    There's far too much money being made to make is legal right now.
    But until it is made legal.
    It's illegal, and the violators are subject to the penalties set forth by Law.

but then if you know a law is not right, doesnt it become duty to change or disobey it? I know some people arent strong enough to stand against things they know is wrong, but there are still some that are. reminds me of slavery. some people disobeyed the law. if it were still legal would you lock people up who disobeyed the slavery laws? of coarse you would because you already said, the law is the law. blind enforcement is NOT what we need from our police or courts in this country.

your answer Mike, is an echo almost of the response the Mayor of Indianapolis gave me when I asked him why we as a city still had an unconstitutional law that make carry of firearms by legal gun owners in parks illegal. he said, "if you notice its not being enforced" and i said then if we know something is wrong and unconstitutional why dont we change it? he said "its just not a priority" REALLY???!?!?!?!?!?!?! enforcing the LAW of the constitution is not a priority? I will never vote for that deusch bag false patriot again!

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Not personal opinions!!!

Yeah...shooting people is a lot like ingesting a natural growing plant that makes you feel funny, hungry, and sleepy...totally awesome analogy there Mike.

The thing that bothers me the most about people like you is you are so clueless it's nearly impossible to have any sort of argument with you. The law banning marijuana came about through opinions that it made you crazy and killed your brain cells. Neither of these things are true, so the ban certainly wasn't based on any facts.

We became a nation through the opinion that we should become a nation. Every law and every action is formed by opinions. The only people who believe we are a nation of opinion-less laws are the Mr. Robotos who go around enacting laws and arresting people over plants with no regard for liberty or the long-term damage this **** does to us as a country.

And we aren't even a nation of laws. We are a nation of laws for most. Our lawmakers and law enforcers get to run prostitution rings, steal and sell drugs, disarm the good guys, and lock us up the first chance they get to make some more money off of us. As long as it's legal for a police officer to buy or sell marijuana as a tool to arrest a citizen for selling or buying marijuana then we are not a nation of laws. We're a nation of only tyrants and "criminals" where the law bends like a bow to suit those who are in charge.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Yeah...shooting people is a lot like ingesting a natural growing plant that makes you feel funny, hungry, and sleepy...totally awesome analogy there Mike.

The thing that bothers me the most about people like you is you are so clueless it's nearly impossible to have any sort of argument with you. The law banning marijuana came about through opinions that it made you crazy and killed your brain cells. Neither of these things are true, so the ban certainly wasn't based on any facts.

We became a nation through the opinion that we should become a nation. Every law and every action is formed by opinions. The only people who believe we are a nation of opinion-less laws are the Mr. Robotos who go around enacting laws and arresting people over plants with no regard for liberty or the long-term damage this **** does to us as a country.

And we aren't even a nation of laws. We are a nation of laws for most. Our lawmakers and law enforcers get to run prostitution rings, steal and sell drugs, disarm the good guys, and lock us up the first chance they get to make some more money off of us. As long as it's legal for a police officer to buy or sell marijuana as a tool to arrest a citizen for selling or buying marijuana then we are not a nation of laws. We're a nation of only tyrants and "criminals" where the law bends like a bow to suit those who are in charge.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom