Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

**WE** know not to talk to the police...do your children?

When Police Interrogate Children | The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty

SCOTUS decision upcoming on "custody" status when being questioned by police in a school environment. Long story short: prosecutors argued the 13y/o boy wasn't "in custody" and no reasonable man would have thought that he was either. (What about a reasonable 13y/o?????) Ergo, there were no violations of any of NC's multiple statutes that were disregarded.

I'll be honest: this increasing intrusion of the nanny state into the schools with the simultaneous empowerment of the police state is a large part of my decision to homeschool. I only hope that I can walk that fine line of teaching my children not to talk to LE without making them (LE) out to be the enemy.

No they don't, but they're not born yet lol. This is something that I plan on teaching them. I have thought about homeschooling too, but I don't know if that's going to happen... It all depends on where society is when it's time for them to get an education. Unfortunately, I don't see it getting much better anytime soon.
    Diarrhea straight kills people after big disasters.

I have told my kids they are to clam up and not say a thing to school officials, police, ect... except I want my mother, father or a lawyer present before continuing. Every so often I ask them what they are supposed to do if questioned, they reply right away with the correct answer. Kids have a tendancy to forget... or if pressured, break easily. I have let them know over and over I will back them to the gates of hell and never let someone pressure them. Then I get to give someone all kinds of grief for trying to question my kids without me around. I got to do that once and actually had lots of fun getting in some administrator's face.
    Nature eliminates the stupid, regrettably the stupid breed faster.

Quote Originally Posted by dsol View Post
    I have told my kids they are to clam up and not say a thing to school officials, police, ect... except I want my mother, father or a lawyer present before continuing. Every so often I ask them what they are supposed to do if questioned, they reply right away with the correct answer. Kids have a tendancy to forget... or if pressured, break easily. I have let them know over and over I will back them to the gates of hell and never let someone pressure them. Then I get to give someone all kinds of grief for trying to question my kids without me around. I got to do that once and actually had lots of fun getting in some administrator's face.
    I agree.

I have told my kids repeatedly to not talk to police under any circumstances without first calling me or a lawyer first.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
    The bunny is legion. It cannot be banned.
    I cut grass for a living

This is something that's been weighing heavily on my mind. Thanks for the link.
    Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. -- H.L. Mencken

Shooter
    My son knows to CALL me if a cop wants to talk to him

Que
    Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Quote Originally Posted by 88GT View Post
    When Police Interrogate Children | The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty

SCOTUS decision upcoming on "custody" status when being questioned by police in a school environment. Long story short: prosecutors argued the 13y/o boy wasn't "in custody" and no reasonable man would have thought that he was either. (What about a reasonable 13y/o?????) Ergo, there were no violations of any of NC's multiple statutes that were disregarded.

I'll be honest: this increasing intrusion of the nanny state into the schools with the simultaneous empowerment of the police state is a large part of my decision to homeschool. I only hope that I can walk that fine line of teaching my children not to talk to LE without making them (LE) out to be the enemy.
    I've not made this a priority, but I do recognize the need. I will start teaching this practice. And yes, we will do it in a way that doesn't portray the police as the enemy, but emphasizing our role as their advocate and the role we play in protecting them against/from all adults.

CLICK HERE FOR TRUTH!

MORE TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    I've not made this a priority, but I do recognize the need. I will start teaching this practice. And yes, we will do it in a way that doesn't portray the police as the enemy, but emphasizing our role as their advocate and the role we play in protecting them against/from all adults.
    "The police are not your friends, but they are not the enemy either"?
    Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. -- H.L. Mencken

Que
    Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    That's how I feel about all people.

CLICK HERE FOR TRUTH!

MORE TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Kinda like Switzerland, neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
    The bunny is legion. It cannot be banned.
    I cut grass for a living

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast