• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We've discussed Cory Maye here a few times in the past. The short story is that cops illegally busted into his home, he shot and killed one and they railroaded him on a murder charge. He was facing spending the rest of his life behind bars, (after initially being sentenced to death). Well, after much wrangling Cory got a new trial and has agreed to accept a plea down to manslaughter (which was still too harsh, IMO). He's been resentenced to time served and will soon be freed. After 10 years he'll get to be with his family again.

Cory Maye Will Soon Be Free | The Agitator

Cory Maye To Be Released From Prison

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No case better illustrates the fraud and dangers of the War on Drugs.

This is the most telling line from the article about why the War on Drugs is conducted and what is really at stake:

Yet as of press time, Smith has yet to be charged for any of the drugs found in his apartment nearly five years ago. Yet as of press time, Smith has yet to be charged for any of the drugs found in his apartme

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    How many destroyed innocent lives can you drug war advocates accept as collateral damage?

How many families do we have to see ruined before you are willing to stop waging war on a plant? Is there a number? Or will the perpetual bloodshed continue to satisfy your quest for 'justice'?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Think of the children:nailbite:
    I am thinking of the children. Cory's. His family was left without a father because a cop thought it would be fun to break into the wrong house. Unfortunately, that cop died for his stupidity and the broken justice system railroaded Cory, mostly because he was poor and black. At least he'll get to be home soon. Unlike all too many other victims.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I fail to see why this man should face any conviction whatsoever. Naturally, for any who have read my story, I'm clearly biased, but still. Guy breaks into house, guy gets shot. Where's the crime?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I fail to see why this man should face any conviction whatsoever. Naturally, for any who have read my story, I'm clearly biased, but still. Guy breaks into house, guy gets shot. Where's the crime?
    The main part of the crime was being black in a small Mississippi town where the cops were connected.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    It just irks the crap out of me that we live in a society where even though the cops are clearly wrong, the cops are never wrong.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The saddest part was that the cop who foolishly broke into Cory's house was a decent man, by all reports. He just did something monumentally stupid and, in a sane world illegal, and he paid for it with his life. The no knock crap has to stop.

Here's a letter from Cory, (and some insight by Radley Balko) to his supporters. He's really glad to be looking freedom in the eye.

A Letter From Cory Maye | The Agitator

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    How many destroyed innocent lives can you drug war advocates accept as collateral damage?

How many families do we have to see ruined before you are willing to stop waging war on a plant? Is there a number? Or will the perpetual bloodshed continue to satisfy your quest for 'justice'?

As many as it takes, unfortunately. There is no limit to the death and destruction the drug warriors are willing to hurl at us in order to make us toe the line.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

The War on Drugs is too big to fail.

Top Bottom