Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Cory Maye Comes Home (Photos)

In a case which represents the gross evil of the drug war and how it corrupts everything it touches Cory Maye is finally out of prison. Photos from the event:

More Photos From Cory Maye’s Homecoming | The Agitator

For those that do not know the background:

Cory Maye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Case of Cory Maye - Reason Magazine
    Clear your muzzle, then clear your sights!

Expert
    What a terrible story for Maye and the officer that was killed. Too bad Maye lost 10 years of his life. Maybe no-knock raids should be limited for officer safety.

No-knock raids should just be eliminated.
    Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. -- H.L. Mencken

That could have happened to any one of us defending our homes.
    In Soviet Amerika, the Law violates YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    No-knock raids should just be eliminated.
    This. There is NOTHING worth risking the lives of the people involved--regardless of which side of the door they happen to be on.
    Come to the river.

It's shameful he had to accept a plea to any crime at all. He should have been fully exonerated. But of course that would open the state, sounty, and drug task force open to lawsuits. We can't have that. The war on drugs trumps all.

Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFelon View Post
    It's shameful he had to accept a plea to any crime at all. He should have been fully exonerated. But of course that would open the state, sounty, and drug task force open to lawsuits. We can't have that. The war on drugs trumps all.
    I agree, but accepting the plea deal meant he would be out of prison. Its easy for me to say they should have pushed this farther and got him exonnerated but if I had been innocent on death row for 10 years it would have been hard to turn down a deal that meant I got released.

Im glad he is finally home. It was a big deal when they finally spared him from death row, but he was genuinely innocent all of this time. Hopefully this sort of thing will never happen again, even though we all know it is inevitable.
    Have questions about Bitcoins? Want to buy Bitoins from someone in Indiana? Send me a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by gunowner930 View Post
    I agree, but accepting the plea deal meant he would be out of prison. Its easy for me to say they should have pushed this farther and got him exonnerated but if I had been innocent on death row for 10 years it would have been hard to turn down a deal that meant I got released.
    believe me, I can relate. It's just sad to see a man defensing his children from an unknown danger suffer a life of future consequences due to a wrongful conviction.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast